• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When do baby bunnies...

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Open their eyes??

Ambers babies are 13 days old today. 3 of them have opened their eyes today, the other 3 still havent. Im worried because i remember a forum member whos babie didnt open their eyes and the ended up blind/bad sight. Any advice greatly appreciated :) xxx

Last edited:
They should be open by 10 days
If not you need to gently bathe them with cooled boiled water using a sterile swab xx

You haven't. The average is 11-12 days, but they can open anytime between 10-14. After 14 you can bathe them with cooled boiled water.

Don't prise them open though (sure you wouldn't), and if any open and then close, then they need to see a vet.

You haven't. The average is 11-12 days, but they can open anytime between 10-14. After 14 you can bathe them with cooled boiled water.

Don't prise them open though (sure you wouldn't), and if any open and then close, then they need to see a vet.

Well tomorrow is 14 days... hopefully they will open themselves :? Will gently bathe them later, they do look like they have sleep in their eyes?

When do baby buns?

When they are about 10 days old but it could be longer:)if you are worried then you could try bathing them with some warm water and cotton wool:)

Ive bathed them with cool boiled water and they are now all open :) They were opening by themselves anyway, and i think if i'd of left it, they wouldve been open tomorrow morning :) xXx

Back