• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Todays trip the the vets was with Blackberry

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
So, Clover has stasis yesterday, but after a trip the vets and 3 injections he started eating (£50)

Today it was Blackberry's turn.....just got back from the vets, he also has stasis (todays bill £30 - I think the vet felt sorry for me so charged a lower consultation)

He has thankfully nibbled a few leaves since he got back, and in now snuggled with Buttercup in the puppy pen in the conservatory.

There must be something in the water! Poor baby xxxxxxxxxxx sending lots of vibes for you and him

Hope they are feeling better.

I don't suppose they have had a lot of access to the grass in the nice weather we've had recently. Last year Autumn had stasis and my vet was convinced it was because spring grass is so rich.

Any news on him?

He's nibbled at some carrot and have a good explore of the conservatory (Butter was happy to snooze in the puppy pen, but Blackberry does not do sitting still :roll:) so he had to have the door open so he could have a good run around.

You wouldn't think from the way he's been running around that there was anything wrong with him - Clo always hunches up and looks miserable, but Blackie still runs around like a maniac, the only give away being that he stops eating and pushes my hand away instead of licking it. He had no gut sounds, so it's a good job I took him in.

I think Clo was down to us moving the run onto a different patch of grass that was longer and greener than usual - it's back on the scrubby patch of grass again now!

Not sure what set Blackie off (last time he had stasis it was very soon after Clo had it), but all four buns have exactly the same diet, and Dan & Butter, their other halves, have had no problems (touch wood!!!!)

How odd. Do you think it's at all possible he picks up on you being stressed about Clover? If it happened before.

Glad he's had a little nibble of something. Hope he's a bit more hungry by dinnertime.

How odd. Do you think it's at all possible he picks up on you being stressed about Clover? If it happened before.

Glad he's had a little nibble of something. Hope he's a bit more hungry by dinnertime.

I did wonder if it was because he had less attention yesterday! He is a total attention seeker :lol:

He loved being at the vets - he was showing off completely. I think she didn't think there'd be anything wrong with him, 'cos he was so bouncy, and then when she listened to his tummy she knew he wasn't well.

Blackberry hadn't eaten much by early evening, so I had the joyous job of trying to syringe feed a hyperactive nethie :shock:

He was actually very good - I only have a few scratches on my neck, and he only managed to escape and jump off the settee once......

I'd made it a pretty runny feed as I was more concerned about getting fluids into him as it's quite warm here.

As soon as I put him back in his hutch he went up to his food bowl and started eating his pellets :roll:

Clover is still stuffing his face, and hopefully Blackberry will soon be up to speed on eating again :)

Hope your bunnies continue to improve.

Just been out to tuck them up for the night, and they are all still eating :D

Dan & Clo have finished off a big pile of herbs and leaves, and are now eating hay. Blackie & Butter are finishing off this mornings pellet and working their way through a pile of herbs and leaves :D:D:D

Back