• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boxing

fido9378

New Kit
Hey all,
Im am trying to bond my 2 little buddies and for some reason my buck keeps tryin to box my doe lol:shock:. i dont know if im just bein daft and this is normal but i thought if they didnt like each other they would bite. she doesnt mind him around because she is used to bein around other bunnies where i think because he was on his own wen i got him it mite have something to do with it. if sum1 cud offer a bit of insight into this it wud be very much appriciated. :)

Thanks

Personally I wouldn't bond them until they've been neutered.

As their hormones kick in they are very likely to start mating and /or fighting, so the bond is at high risk of breaking down.

Can they not live side by side until they're neutered ?

Its a bit risky once their hormones kick in they might start to fight or she might get pregnant :) xxxx

Personally I wouldn't bond them until they've been neutered.

As their hormones kick in they are very likely to start mating and /or fighting, so the bond is at high risk of breaking down.

Can they not live side by side until they're neutered ?

I agree with this. I wouldn't attempt it until neutered and hormones have settled. I know it's hard to be patient and wait but if they fight it may be harder to bond them after the neuter.

I would wait until they are both done. Are you sure they are two of the opposite sex? the vet should be able to tell when you take them in if your not too sure.

I would put them side by side so they get used to each others smells and then a few weeks after they have been done start the bonding again :)

Also, when you bond it needs to be in neutral territory and preferably a smallish space (like an indoor cage).

I would wait until they are both done. Are you sure they are two of the opposite sex? the vet should be able to tell when you take them in if your not too sure.

I would put them side by side so they get used to each others smells and then a few weeks after they have been done start the bonding again :)

Also, when you bond it needs to be in neutral territory and preferably a smallish space (like an indoor cage).

they are opposite sexes. i had them checked wen i took them for their mixy jabs.

i will wait anyway cuz its only bout another to months till they are old enough to get done. :)

Back