• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your buns act differently around other people?

Candiflare

Mama Doe
This has been brought to my attention because lots of people in my village have asked to come round and see my bunnies recently. I always get Ralph and Ruby out because I consider them to be the best with people, but Buzz always ends up stealing the show, by lying out on someone's lap, or poking them endlessly with his nose, or ALWAYS taking food from whatever hand offers it (whereas if Ralph and Ruby see it's someone else offering it, not me or my OH, they won't take it.)

I've come to the conclusion that Ralph and Ruby must have become bunnies that are very intertwined with my life and "perform" (bad word to use, but you know what I mean) only for me and my OH. Whereas Buzz has been brought up with a variety of people so has alliegances to nobody and will just eat from the hand that feeds him.

Do your buns do this? Do you often get a special, tolerant bun out to show people when they ask to see them, but another bun ends up surprising you as the one that wins visitors hearts?

We used to have Bo and Barnaby out as they were the ones who used to be indoor buns but they just went and sat by their littler tray looking highly unamused. When we get Blakey out though, she's such a little show off.

She has this game called 'Up Ups' with us, where the OH will stick his legs out and we'll say 'Blakey, up up up' or 'Bakey, up ups' and she'll come dashing over and jump up his legs to his lap (I can't do it as my legs are too short to get the right angle for her to jump up :roll:).

So now, if someone new is in the house, if they put their legs out crossed she gets all excited and suddenly pings into their lap without us having to say anything. It's very sweet as she's just suddenly 'ta dah' there and stands with her paws on their chest looking into their face going 'Helllooooooooo' :love:

She used to be kept in a B&B and had the run of the place so she's used to all sorts of different people so she's not a shy bun at all.

Both of mine act soooo differently when other people are around. They hide away and wont approach them, Timmy willl after a while but he just likes to sniff around them and doesnt like them touching him. Noone believes me when I tell them what they're like when its just me and OH!! But I kinda like it coz it means that they're obviously firmly bonded to us and know us from other people :love::love::love:

Alvin detests visitors, he thumps and runs to hide in the carrier :roll:

when ecudc (sp) came to help me with pearls claws he sat on the carrier glaring at her :oops::oops:

when Juila123 came to meet them he did the thump and run and then when he came out and she offered him a bramble leaf he boxed her as he took it :lol::lol::lol::lol:

same reaction to my mom and my sis-inlaw and nephew, hes not even that keen on Ste.

but when i enter the room after the first fear (he dont hear me coming) he runs about buzzing :love::love::love::love::love:

Pearl was slightly more friendly and would take a treat from people :love::love:

I'm forever having to get Thistle out to show people as he's such a mutant bunny! :lol: If I bring him up to the house, he will just sit there and be petted and not do much but if I take people down to his shed, he'll hide in a corner and stamp. He doesn't like anyone but me and my mum in his shed. :roll:

Smudge hates visitors and behaves very similar to Alvin! ^

The others are ok and Mini and Mischa will come and have a look at the newbie.

Tibbsy is a Bunny Floozy - she loves everybody!!
Echo is quite a lot more timid and will mostly hide behind our sofa when someone new comes round.

Oliver has been brilliant with me so far, and came from a sanctuary so is used to being around different people (and 46 bunnies!), but he's not met anyone new since he came home with me, so I've no idea how he will behave!

For anyone who has met my rabbits and been around, they are the biggest slags in the world :roll: Massive attention seekers and will approach anyone and ask for attention :lol::lol:

Whenever Ghostie sees me, she's instantly craving for my attention.. but if there is anyone new, she hides. She doesn't trust a lot of people :(

Back