• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Baby Pinky 10/2009 - 11/06/2010 U/D Now put to Rest P41

Stufi

Alpha Buck
This evening around 9pm we noticed pinky was not her usual self. Stu thought that she hasnt eaten or drank anything or pooed. To test this I got pinkys favorite food: Strawberry leaves. She took one look at this and turned her head away. This is where we knew something was definitely wrong. After seeing a few posts about stasis, stu went out to have a look for a shop which might have pineapples as we had read taht pineapple juice may help encourage the digestive system to move.

Whilst he was out I had also read to massage the abdomen. Pinky is not a cuddly bunny, and will thump and make a whining noise if you invade her space. But at this point she just let you pick her up. I sat her on my knee and massaged her stomach. she got off my lap but then her hind leg started to spasm and shake. We rang many vets to find one that will give us imediate attention.

When we arrived, the Vet looked pinky over thoroughly. She seemed to be docile. after a thorough examination the Vet outruled poisoning or stasis and because of the loss of controll of the legs thought that it maybe a brain infection. He gave her antibiotics, and injection to get her bowel moving, and some de-worm.

When we got her home we put her in her bed. she didnt want to move. So i stayed up to keep an eye on her. after half an hour, I noticed that she had difficulty keeping her head up. She attempted to throw her head up, where she kept is held for a couple of seconds and then would flop back down. She was having trouble breathing properly, so i cuddled her on the bed propping her head on my arm and clearing her nose of any moisture.

Around this time her front paws were shaking in waves like she had caught a chill. I curled up around her and kept an eye on her breathing massaging her tummy. I rang the Vet who we just visited and they said to keep an eye on her or if we were still worried then to bring her in again and they would observe her over night and we could pick her up in the morning to take to the RSPCA. As there was nothing else that they could give her, I decided that I wanted to keep her with me and i would watch her.

After a while she suddenly had uncontrolled kicking in her back legs, followed by a sound that i knew she was trying to breathe. I knew she was having a seizure. She passed away in my arms at 3.30 this morning in my arms.

I cant believe my baby has gone. She was shy at times and was dominated by her smaller sister but always showed her who was boss when it came to food. I feel blessed that she had shared her time with me, and i have thousands of pictures of her to show how happy we were to have her. I am so happy that i kept you with your family rather than you going by yourself. And you even did a little poo for me :) I suppose you thought that it would atleast make your dad and me smile at this sad time. You and your sister were your dad and my first rabbit, and I can remember the first moment I saw you in the adpotion centre. I waited a week until you were ready, visiting you when i could. I was so excited. I got up at 5am to make sure everything was ready for you and your sister and i was heart broken to know you were feeling poorly and that i couldnt take you home. I thought some one might take you, but i rang every day and eventually we were able to take you home. Since then you have been keeping me company whilst I was studying, and gave me the excuse not to study :love: we watched you for hours binkying in the garden and volting over the washing pile.

You chewed the bars at 5am to say Im hungry! and i would push your little nose to say oi! mummys sleeping give me an hour and eat your hay! but you would return with kisses. Of course i couldnt stay cross at that little face and would get up to get you your breakfast.

I hope you are happy baby. You were always daddys favorite and will forever be in your daddys and mummys heart.

We love you xxx

4340600567_f1983ca16e.jpg
4340591151_4e0d1b0bc0.jpg

31259_104215362958171_100001091247372_35024_5816123_n.jpg

Last edited:
Aww no I am so so sorry :cry:
Pinky is a beautiful bun, Im sure she's binkying at the bridge right now xxx

hugs for you both xxx

I am so very very sorry - its truly heartbreaking and my heart goes out to you.

RIP Gorgeous Pinky - sleep tight with Lucy x x x

Thankyou for all your thoughts at this time.

Also thankyou for all your advice/help and support throughout our Mummy/Daddyhood so far

Oh God, I am so sorry for your loss :cry::cry::cry:
She was absolutely beautiful, she was so lucky to have found you xxx

Back