• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frankie and Charlie still not getting on

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
It has been a while since they were bonded as a group of 5, and they just don't seem to be calming down any.

they were previously bonded as a trio with Belle with absolutely no problems, no humping etc at all.

but they seem to be bullying each other all the time now, the other three just stop out of it.

Any advice.

I am waiting til Isla is neutered before bonding, but was wondering about taking Charlie out and bonding him to Isla, until she is neutered, then bonding them back into the group. Charlie is normally a very placid, submissive bunny, and I bonded him with Autumn before she was neutered.

Last edited:
Hmmm it has been a few weeks now. Not really sure what to say, Albert was bonded with B C and D as you know and they never completely settled, he has been much happier since it has just been him and Evie. Whereas Fudge has been fine in the group.

I think sometimes some rabbits just get on better than others the same as some people do. Could you have your group and a pair maybe?

I cant really advise you but ive just split my group into 2 pairs - they had been together since early may - so a month - all was ok for the first week then for some reason they started picking on Mittens... she stoppped eating so I had to take her to the vets and away from the group they then started on Charlie :roll:

I think if they havent settled in a month then might be worth seperating though I do know it can take up to 6 months for a bond to be totally settled. it depends how bad the bullying is I guess?? In my case I had no choice as Mittens needed veternary treatment!

They have been together for 8 weeks now, so I am going to split Charlie from the group and try to bond him with Isla.

What is completely confusing is that they were bonded as a three with no problems but don't seem to like being in an odd number.

So the plan is to try bonding with Isla, until neutered then try for a 6, in the hope that being an even number they will bond. also hoping that the remaining 4 will remain calm in Frankies absence.

It may well be the smell of an unneutered bunny that's upsetting them; even if she's not nearby they can probably still smell her. Or you could try reducing the space again, a common reason for bickering is moving them to too big a space too soon after the bond, so they never totally establish the bond to start off with. Good luck with whatever you decide x

they are currently in a 6-7ftsq shed, so not exactly a lot of space to begin with. I did think that might help.

I have started bonding Charlie and Isla

Back