• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

prospective husbun

pennypoos

Mama Doe
I`m going to meet penny`s prospective husbun tomorrow morning. A stray rabbit was brought into the rescue yesturday, and i had a phone call asking if i would be interested.
He is a chocolate coloured dwarf lop and he`s been taken to the vets this morning for neutering, and then will need a while to recover. So tomorrow i`m going to meet him, and also give a hand with some cage cleaning. :D

I know :lol: It`s what you would call a "shotgun marriage" :lol:
The rescue phoned the vets for an appointment for him to be neutered expecting to have to wait atleast a week, but the vets said that they could fit him in today....... so off he went.:D

I know :lol: It`s what you would call a "shotgun marriage" :lol:
The rescue phoned the vets for an appointment for him to be neutered expecting to have to wait atleast a week, but the vets said that they could fit him in today....... so off he went.:D

Hope it all works out then! Looking forward to the pic! :D

Is penny indoors at the moment, would they be outside once bonded?

Yes penny is indoors at the min, but i have come to the decision that she will be happier outside where it`s quieter ( i have 2 noisey kids ) with a nice
Mr bun to have snuggles with.

Yes penny is indoors at the min, but i have come to the decision that she will be happier outside where it`s quieter ( i have 2 noisey kids ) with a nice
Mr bun to have snuggles with.

I thought that was the case, but couldnt remember exactly! :roll:

I know what kids are like, Pip would hate living indoors with chloe she wouldnt leave him alone!

I am now converting our shed ready for Pip's girlfriend, more space and better in the winter cos I will be able to get in and spend time with them as well as clean it without getting soaked and freezing to death! :)

hope he is what you are looking for but odd the rescue has neutered him so quickly
I thought the law with strays was you had to keep them 7 days and only have treatment done that was necessary..such as when we had poor Eppie shaved due to matting?
I am not in favour of breeding but what if his owner comes forward and wanted to breed from him?:?

hope he is what you are looking for but odd the rescue has neutered him so quickly
I thought the law with strays was you had to keep them 7 days and only have treatment done that was necessary..such as when we had poor Eppie shaved due to matting?
I am not in favour of breeding but what if his owner comes forward and wanted to breed from him?:?

I`m not sure on the laws of lost pets, but the rescuer gets the impression that he is not realy a stray bun, and that he belonged to the lady that handed him in and was just using the old "i found him stray" story. :)

I thought that was the case, but couldnt remember exactly! :roll:

I know what kids are like, Pip would hate living indoors with chloe she wouldnt leave him alone!

I am now converting our shed ready for Pip's girlfriend, more space and better in the winter cos I will be able to get in and spend time with them as well as clean it without getting soaked and freezing to death! :)

Ooo that sounds lovely. Are you getting one of those gorgeouse little baby lops ? i read that you realy liked the little bun with socks, but she turned out to be a he :(
I realy wanted to do a shed set up, but My OH wasn`t too keen on the idea, so i have a hutch and run cobo for my new rescue buns, and then penny and her new hubs will go in a play house that a work friend said i could have.:D

I`m not sure on the laws of lost pets, but the rescuer gets the impression that he is not realy a stray bun, and that he belonged to the lady that handed him in and was just using the old "i found him stray" story. :)

still a bit risky so hope her instinct was right

Ooo that sounds lovely. Are you getting one of those gorgeouse little baby lops ? i read that you realy liked the little bun with socks, but she turned out to be a he :(
I realy wanted to do a shed set up, but My OH wasn`t too keen on the idea, so i have a hutch and run cobo for my new rescue buns, and then penny and her new hubs will go in a play house that a work friend said i could have.:D

Yes I am hoping to have one of the babies, one of the girls though and I have my eye on one ;) but nothing has been confirmed as yet!

Pip is in a hutch/run combo and I do like it so I am just adding a run to that run and joining it all to the shed. I either wanted a aviary or a playhouse but hubby said I could use our existing shed and he moved his stuff out last night and laid the new floor down, boarding the walls is next!

Playhouse will be lovely for them, show us some pics when its up! :D

You have a nice husband giving up his shed for rabbits.:shock::lol: I bet pip and his new wife will love it when it`s all done.
I`ll post pics of play house when i get it and start doing it up.:)

I`v just got back from the rescue after meeting the little boy bun, and helping to clean out the hutches. I took a photo of him to show my little girl keira, so I`ll post it later. He is very friendly, but he looks a bit rough at the minute as he is recovering from losing his boy bit`s, and he has a weepy eye. The rescuer has had it looked at by the rabbit savvy vets. She said their is no problem with his teeth, and his tear ducts are all fine.

I would also like to apologise for getting this bunny`s story wrong, he was not handed in by some lady as a supposedly "stray rabbit" I got his story mixed up with another bun.
He is a stray bun though, but was handed in by a shop keeper, who had seen him straying around the area for 3 weeks, they managed to catch him and handed him in to the rescue. So even though he is still a stray, I got his story mixed up with another bun. So i would just like to say sorry for the mixup.

Good luck with homing one of those gorgeouse baby bun`s Becca. They are beautifull, and she will be very lucky going to such a lovely home, with such a gorgeouse little husbun.:)

Back