• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smelling.

MopsyMops =]

Warren Veteran
Ok, so I clean the rabbits litter tray every day.
the have fresh hay and their bums are clean yet somehow they stink.
Its not constant smell but its on and off which makes me wonder if its something im feeding them?

Anyone got any ideas? :?

Are they neutered/spayed?

Have you checked their scent glands?

Oggie is neutered, Delly is to be speyed.
Erm, well I have a look at Dellys bum and there is nothing there (if im thinking of the right place - where it can collect poo?) and that was fine.

Delilah is being speyed soon - do you think it maybe that? She is humping Oggies head abit recently :? and is smelling recently!

Oggie is neutered, Delly is to be speyed.
Erm, well I have a look at Dellys bum and there is nothing there (if im thinking of the right place - where it can collect poo?) and that was fine.

Delilah is being speyed soon - do you think it maybe that? She is humping Oggies head abit recently :? and is smelling recently!

I bet its Delilah causing the smell. before my doe Tilly was spayed she was very humpy and gave off a horrible smell! After she was spayed it completely went away :D

I bet its Delilah causing the smell. before my doe Tilly was spayed she was very humpy and gave off a horrible smell! After she was spayed it completely went away :D

Oh!! Thankyou both!
I just couldn't think of the cause, Dad was moaning because they smelt and I was all 'well I cleaned them out last night' :?.

Thanks again!

Back