• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding an unspayed doe

Rachel89

Mama Doe
Am I insane to even be thinking it?

Bracken isn't spayed as shes still abit too young, I bonded her at the time with Bramble, Honey and Blue who had all been done. I took it slowly and it was a sucess, Blues a pretty mellow rabbit and just wants bunny slaves to groom him the whole time.
Honey adores younger rabbits and loves Bracken.

I picked up my new bun today, shes unspayed as shes 14weeks, got to take her to there vets when its time to have her done.

Am I insane to even think about trying to bond her beforehand with bracken,honey and blue?

provided you make sure shes spayed before hormones kick in as young as 5 months, pending on how big she is, I dont see a prob, delay it then you could have a major expensive vet bill id rather not think about :)

I bonded Roxy with Leo whilst she was unspeyed. It all went really well :)
I think it's generally okay before the hormones kick in. Only issue would be that the new bun would need to time to recover after she is speyed and may not be excepted back into the group afterwards?
I'm no expert on bonding, but i'm sure someone will come along who knows more about bonding :D

See Brackens not done yet either and shes with them, so if Bracken wasn't accepted afterwards I' bond her with new bun.
I'm just abit urmming wether it would be mad or not.
Stressful enough makeing the decision without even doing it :lol:

Back