• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vhd

Grace65

Warren Veteran
Charlie had his first VHD yesterday and has been strangely quiet all day, he`s eating and drinking well but dosent seem to want to go out and run on the grass, grace had hers when she was 4 months and was fine, do you think it could be the jab? xxxxxxx

yes could well be...as long as eating drinking pooing etc he may be ok tomorrow....mine go on Monday for theirs :roll:

yes could well be...as long as eating drinking pooing etc he may be ok tomorrow....mine go on Monday for theirs :roll:

Oohh good luck then :)
I`ll keep my eye on him for today and nip him to the vets if he seems to be quiet in the morning, im sure he isnt in pain or anything he just seems really tired today, bless him:love: xxxxxx

That is exactly how Gus is after his vhd, but my vet has changed from Cylap to Lapinject so hopefully will be better this time, due next week!

My bunny is unwell

My bunny has been very very sick from symptoms of this vaccine. I would get her to a vet and explain if she was ok before she had it. Make them get in touch with the company and the company will cover your vetinary costs. Belive me they arnt cheap we nearly had to pay £35.40 and thatrs only for the medication we had to take home. shes had 4 other needles. so i will be writing a very angry letter to the company!

:D I know they won't be happy, don't like going in their carrier for a start, let alone a trip out AND a jab! they will stomp off in disgust when they get home :lol:

My bunny has been very very sick from symptoms of this vaccine. I would get her to a vet and explain if she was ok before she had it. Make them get in touch with the company and the company will cover your vetinary costs. Belive me they arnt cheap we nearly had to pay £35.40 and thatrs only for the medication we had to take home. shes had 4 other needles. so i will be writing a very angry letter to the company!

Oh god now im worried sick :shock: :cry: xx

:shock: what's happening with your bun? I know the VHD jab can be a little more harsh on them compared to the Myxo...Bella was ok with hers last yr, Oscar will be his first whilst with me so don't know how he'll be.

:D I know they won't be happy, don't like going in their carrier for a start, let alone a trip out AND a jab! they will stomp off in disgust when they get home :lol:

Awwww bless hehee little monkeys.
Gracie was fine when she had hers done, but now im worried about charlie bun, ive put him through such a lot this last 2 weeks, i dont think he has ever seen a vet before i got him :shock: so the stress on him is awful.

Gracie just takes it in her stride :)
Just fed him some dandys and he`s eating well but will get him down the vets tommorrow if he seems quiet still. xxxxxxxx

Awwww bless hehee little monkeys.
Gracie was fine when she had hers done, but now im worried about charlie bun, ive put him through such a lot this last 2 weeks, i dont think he has ever seen a vet before i got him :shock: so the stress on him is awful.

Gracie just takes it in her stride :)
Just fed him some dandys and he`s eating well but will get him down the vets tommorrow if he seems quiet still. xxxxxxxx

The jab AND the stress probably has unsettled him a bit then, but if you're worried a consultation won't do any harm :D

The jab AND the stress probably has unsettled him a bit then, but if you're worried a consultation won't do any harm :D

I think so too, although the vet trip really stresses him out, i even changed vets because its nearer for him, they are really good too. :) xx

Not ill, just a bit under the weather like we can be after a flu jab or something, as I said Gus is always quite and a bit off colour the day after his.

Hope it is just the jab then.
I feel so guilty, he`s been with me for just coming up to 3 weeks and already hes been jabbed, operated on and had his eye flushed and teeth burred, its a wonder he dosent hate me! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mine had her VHD jab on tuesday and still hasn't forgiven me for the trip to the V E T (she had her teeth checked and nails clipped too)...she's a bit under the weather and refused to bink about yesterday, instead sitting on top of her carrier in the kitchen and didn't budge. Hasn't been eating her usual amount either but she has been eating. I have cut her down on the pellets anyway, but she's currently outside (not raining for once!) and nomming on grass and clover....think it's just like us when we have jobs, feel a bit peaky and will get better.

Hope it is just the jab then.
I feel so guilty, he`s been with me for just coming up to 3 weeks and already hes been jabbed, operated on and had his eye flushed and teeth burred, its a wonder he dosent hate me! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aaaw poor boy! he can settle a bit now after all that.

Mine had her VHD jab on tuesday and still hasn't forgiven me for the trip to the V E T (she had her teeth checked and nails clipped too)...she's a bit under the weather and refused to bink about yesterday, instead sitting on top of her carrier in the kitchen and didn't budge. Hasn't been eating her usual amount either but she has been eating. I have cut her down on the pellets anyway, but she's currently outside (not raining for once!) and nomming on grass and clover....think it's just like us when we have jobs, feel a bit peaky and will get better.

Its reassuring its not just charlie feeling off then, will be keeping a close eye on him tonight and will pop him back to the vets first thing if he dosent seem right, at the moment he`s lying flopped out but not looking very interested in much not even running around the garden, very unusual. xxx

Back