• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new hutch has arrived.

I hope so, Iv got a good solid run to attatch to the back of it which my dad made, and I`m going to ask my brother to fit a cat flap on the back, so they can have 24 hr acess to the run.

They'll love it :), I just got that hutch the other week, but the one with the run attached downstairs, it's really nice and plenty of room x

They'll love it :), I just got that hutch the other week, but the one with the run attached downstairs, it's really nice and plenty of room x

is it easy to assemble ? I`m pants at flat packs, and quickly loose my temper if things don`t go together properly.:oops::

It's nice to see another online retailer offering a good sized hutch and it has bolts as standard! Hooray.

Let us know how it weathers and if you are happy with it as it would be nice to be able to recommend another hutch in additon to our normal Happy Hutch/Ryedale blah blah.

is it easy to assemble ? I`m pants at flat packs, and quickly loose my temper if things don`t go together properly.:oops::

my other half did it and with an electric screwdriver it took him about an hour but that was including the run too - i was out at the shops while he did it buying replacement wires for every single electrical appliance that was in our front room because Joe had got in the front room that day while we were at work and chewed through them all :censored: - talk about good timing the hutch having arrived that day lol.

it then took him another half an hour to take it half to bits again to turn the base round the right way as he'd put the hole for the ramp in the bedroom bit :lol: (served him right for saying such mean things about my rabbits when he discovered the cable carnage)

it wasn't til i was looking at the hutch on the website again a few days later i realised he'd also but the base in the wrong way round in the other direction too cos the hole for the ramp and the archway bit to the bedroom area is at the back of the hutch in their piccies and in ours it's at the front, but he refuses to dismantle it again now :roll:

I bought one similar, but with a run, from holiday hutches a few weeks ago.
It only took me about an hour to put together - really easy. My only problem was picking it up once it was put together.
I was too impatient to wait for Dave to get home and give me a hand, so I ended up with a sore back:roll:

my other half did it and with an electric screwdriver it took him about an hour but that was including the run too - i was out at the shops while he did it buying replacement wires for every single electrical appliance that was in our front room because Joe had got in the front room that day while we were at work and chewed through them all :censored: - talk about good timing the hutch having arrived that day lol.

it then took him another half an hour to take it half to bits again to turn the base round the right way as he'd put the hole for the ramp in the bedroom bit :lol: (served him right for saying such mean things about my rabbits when he discovered the cable carnage)

it wasn't til i was looking at the hutch on the website again a few days later i realised he'd also but the base in the wrong way round in the other direction too cos the hole for the ramp and the archway bit to the bedroom area is at the back of the hutch in their piccies and in ours it's at the front, but he refuses to dismantle it again now :roll:

:shock: What is it with rabbits and cables? :shock: They just love em. Penny chewed through our laptop cable and his phone charger, but fortunatley we have "sort of" trained penny to stay away from the TV where there is loads of cables. My guineas have chewed through a few wires too :roll: My OH goes mad :lol:

Aren`t you tempted to take the hutch to bits and put the base the right way round ? it would irritate the hell out of me if my OH put somethig together then i later found out that it was wrong.:lol:

I bought one similar, but with a run, from holiday hutches a few weeks ago.
It only took me about an hour to put together - really easy. My only problem was picking it up once it was put together.
I was too impatient to wait for Dave to get home and give me a hand, so I ended up with a sore back

Sound just like me. I`m the most impatient person eva.:lol:
Sorry to hear about your back, but i bet it was worth it to see your buns happy in their new home.;)

It's nice to see another online retailer offering a good sized hutch and it has bolts as standard! Hooray.

Let us know how it weathers and if you are happy with it as it would be nice to be able to recommend another hutch in additon to our normal Happy Hutch/Ryedale blah blah.

I`ll definitly let you know how i get on with it.
I`v got a nice big tub of pet safe wood treatment for it, so i`m hopeing it will give it extra protection in bad weather, even though it will have a plastic cover over it all the time anyway for extra protection, and thats also what i use to cover the buns up at night time.

Back