• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Tons of vibes for bailey please :( U/D Hes much better :)

TasherR

Alpha Buck
Hi everyone just wondering if i could have tones of vibes for Bailey. He went in to be neutered yesterday at 9am and came home at half 5, he hasnt had a poo or wee since and hasn't eaten a thing apart from a tiny bit of cabbage :( now hes got to have fibreplex 3 times a day, maxilon twice a day and critical care every hour for the next 24 hours my poor soldier :( :(
get well soon baby boy x

Last edited:
Oh poor Bailey! That's the last thing you want happening after an op. I hope he's being a good boy with having his meds?!

Lots of eating/pooing vibes for Bailey xxx

poor Bailey.. millions of nomming and pooping vibes. How are you getting on with meds? I would be a nervous wreck, *touch wood* never had to do it so far ..

Come on Bailey lad

poor Bailey.. millions of nomming and pooping vibes. How are you getting on with meds? I would be a nervous wreck, *touch wood* never had to do it so far ..

Come on Bailey lad

well the vet gave him his fibreplex at 10 but iv just got back from college so just give him his first lot of critical care hes ok to give the maxilon because its liquid, but with the other stuff its a bit harder to give him he keeps trying to spit it out but he is getting 95% of it. My mum tried to give it him before but squirted the kitchen roof because it wouldnt come out of the syringe :lol:

Iv never given it before either being a first time bunny mum :? its even more difficult with him tho because he doesnt really like being handled he prefers to watch from afar. And thanks very much guys hopefully he will be ok soon, hes the first pet iv had that has ever been poorly before so you can imagine how worried i am.
PS sorry if this is in the wrong place

Last edited:
Has he received pain relief ?

yes he was given an injection at the vets but the only stuff iv got at home is fibreplex, maxilon and critical care. should i ring and get some more pain relief? my mum took him you see because i was at college meeting the queen!

If he had an injection of Metacam today then that should last about 24 hours. He may need more for the next few days though.

If he had an injection of Metacam today then that should last about 24 hours. He may need more for the next few days though.

Ok thanks, iv got to ring the vets again tomorrow morning and tell them how he is, il ask them about it when i ring hopefully he will be better by tomorrow morning :( hes still not pooped yet tho and its been nearly 23 hours since he got home :?

Ok thanks, iv got to ring the vets again tomorrow morning and tell them how he is, il ask them about it when i ring hopefully he will be better by tomorrow morning :( hes still not pooped yet tho and its been nearly 23 hours since he got home :?

Has he wee'd ?

Is he drinking ?

Has he wee'd ?

Is he drinking ?

Hes not weed yet he had a tiny bit of water before iv measured his water to 250ml, his hay is 200g and he has 30 pellets exactly so i can tell how much he has had. I am going to give him some water out of a syringe in a min when he has his critical care, he really is a poorly boy :cry:

I know me too, he just stamped his feet at me for the first time in the last 24 hours so that's a good sign! :D even though it was a tiny little one that seemed to be really hard for him.

I always think that fiestyness in buns is a good sign :love: Sending more vibes, looks like you are in for a long night.. will keep checking the thread

I always think that fiestyness in buns is a good sign :love: Sending more vibes, looks like you are in for a long night.. will keep checking the thread

Ha i know i was up every four hours last night giving him his first lot of fibreplex so iv been up since half 6 this morning then at college today and now hes got to have critical care every hour until 2 tomorrow afternoon and im the only 1 that can give it him its going to be a reallllllly long night. Good job we love em ay.

Ha i know i was up every four hours last night giving him his first lot of fibreplex so iv been up since half 6 this morning then at college today and now hes got to have critical care every hour until 2 tomorrow afternoon and im the only 1 that can give it him its going to be a reallllllly long night. Good job we love em ay.

I am lucky so far to have not had to do this with my two... Bobby had a scare when she had runny bum and wouldn't eat for a few hours but that has been it so far.. I really admire people that get up and do these things in the dead of the night.

But yeah it goes without saying, it needs doing you don't question it do ya? x

I am lucky so far to have not had to do this with my two... Bobby had a scare when she had runny bum and wouldn't eat for a few hours but that has been it so far.. I really admire people that get up and do these things in the dead of the night.

But yeah it goes without saying, it needs doing you don't question it do ya? x

I know so did i, i used to think my god how do they do it but now i have to do it i can see how they do, because of their love their buns. Dont know if that makes sense to you or not :lol:

Back