• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone help with this skin problem

Mad Bunster

Mama Doe
Hi
I've posted in Health but wanted to add a photo as the irritation has got worse and overnight she has scratched a bigger patch of skin off too. Its itching her but the vet didn't give anything to put on it and said I could just continue with the Aloe Vera gel i've been using - but obviously its not helping.

Quick history - she is having injectable penicillin every other day and develops this reaction to it. Last time it spread eventually all over her back and she got stasis from ingesting all the loose fur.

I feel quite useless that I can't stop the itch! Has anyone any magic remedies I could use on her please?

DSC00119.jpg

Epsom salts couldn't hurt :) Harvey had a wound that was healing (from a Zero attack) and the vet was amazed at how fast we managed to clean it up with twice-daily Epsom salt baths.

Back