• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Lionhead with Frenchie?

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
I know this has been mentioned probably a million times but I want to get your experiences before I dive into anything.

I got a facebook message yesterday off some lad I vaguely know. He's told me that his brother has "accidently" let his male and female frenchies meet and now the female is pregnant. He was wondering if I'd be interested in taking one of the babies.

Now I've been toying with the idea of moving Leo outside and getting him a lady friend. Space isn't an issue and I know I'll need a huge set up if I were to get a frenchie.

Has anyone had any experiences with tiny rabbits vs large ones? Would introducing them when the baby girl was 8 weeks+ make the bonding process smoother?

It simply is an idea yet and I don't even know if there will be any does. I need to seriously sit down and have a think about it. Just wanted a few ideas throwing out there.

I've also got the issue about the fight he got into with Archie to take into account. I don't even know if he'll tolerate another rabbit. Although the other day he groomed me when I had the smell of Blanche on me, whereas if I've been handeling Archie and he can smell him he gets very aggressive. Tails up etc. I'm thinking that it is just Archie that he wants to kill ... :?

There are lots of people on here with a big and a little bunny. A while ago someone asked for pictures and loads were posted. Size does not matter, personality does.

Bonding a baby can work but the dodgy time is when her hormones develop because that can be the time when fights amy occur. It could be a more stable bond if they are introduced after she has been spayed.

What would happen if they didn't or wouldn't bond?

I'm presuming Leo has been neutered?

There are lots of people on here with a big and a little bunny. A while ago someone asked for pictures and loads were posted. Size does not matter, personality does.

Bonding a baby can work but the dodgy time is when her hormones develop because that can be the time when fights amy occur. It could be a more stable bond if they are introduced after she has been spayed.

What would happen if they didn't or wouldn't bond?

I'm presuming Leo has been neutered?

The hormones thing is a bit of an issue as well, ideally I wanted to rescue but since this has been offered to me I thought it would be worth considering.

If they didn't bond the new lady would have to stay an outdoor bun ... Leo would remain inside with me. Then I'd have to get the new lady another friend and I can't really cope with five rabbits :/

I would say if they didn't bond I would simply foster but I know there's noway I'd then be able to give her up.

I might be best off giving up on this one thought and just going to a rescue. I can't really afford to take any risks.

Back