• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Huge shock this morning

mollyjoker

Mama Doe
Went down and looked out of the window as Molly and Joker are usually in their run underneath their hutch waiting for me.
I cover the hutch bit at the top for protection .
I was little concerned and then mortified when i lifted the cover Molly had gone ,Joker sitting there all lost.The door was open
We have open fields behind us and gardens both sides.
I was in a panic and woke my partner and son .
I climbed into the fields and was frantically shouting and clapping.
Looked in all the gardens many of which are now in full bloom so difficult
to see anything.Really thought i had lost her in my life forever.
I must have covered 10 gardens and was losing hope after an hour
When 2 gardens along i was calling out and clapping and this rabbit hopped onto the lawn.Did not recognise her at first she is beige colour but was covered in mud and soaking wet .She came up to me and i was so relieved .
We took her inside and wrapped her in a towel and dried her off.
What a relief as tears had been flowing between us.
Not sure how she had got out but sorting out extra catches and bolts this morning.
Joker was pleased to see her.He would never roam as he was abandoned and abused so he loves his home.Molly is a tinker and she gets plenty of free range time.
Sorry to go on but was so happy to find her.

OMG that must have been horrendous for you ....... but bless little Molly coming to you when you found her. I bet she was as scared as you were. You must be soooo relieved you found her.

Good idea about extra catches etc.

I had a lump in my throat reading your post ...ssssooooo glad you found her.

x x

My blood runs cold just thinking of being in that situation.

I think most people (in the big outside world away from here!) would think you were daft calling a rabbit but it obviously paid off as she came to find you when she knew you were looking for her :love::love: That must have been a fantastic feeling.

OMG that must have been horrendous for you ....... but bless little Molly coming to you when you found her. I bet she was as scared as you were. You must be soooo relieved you found her.

Good idea about extra catches etc.

I had a lump in my throat reading your post ...ssssooooo glad you found her.

x x

Thanks really thought i had lost her i am so relieved.Lucky have never seen any foxes near us.:love:

Good god!!!
So glad you found her, she was probably sitting all cold and wet after her escapades, and heard you and thought.....ohhhh there's my mummy!

What a relief! I don't feel quite so paranoid with the 6 padlocks i've got on my hutch & run now, in fact i was on about putting another couple of sliding bolts onto the hutch doors as there's a bit of movement on the bottom of them and my fiance was like "pauline, they're rabbits they're not going to karate kick the doors down through a bolt and a padlock, to get out" and i fel ta bit silly but stuff it, after reading this i'm getting them anyway :lol:

They sound like my two, you could leave the doors wide open and Joejoe wouldn't even think about running off, but Jess is a nightmare, she ran out the kitchen once in a split second when they lived in doors and she ran through next doors garden and out into the (luckily quiet) road :shock:

How scary!! Makes your blood run cold.

Do you have a shed at all? I can't recommend having shed-ed buns highly enough - no way in for preditors, including kids who think 'it'd be a laugh' to let someones pets loose, and they're great for bad weather.

So glad you found her anyway - you're both very lucky!

Last edited:
Oh my - I know that feeling well!! I lost Oreo once the little monkey squeezed under the smallest gap in our gate, he was out for about 3 hours and it was the longest time of my life. I eventually found him when he moved from under a parked car... there are so many what ifs...

im so glad you found her safe and sound, and your other bun stayed put!! at least you didnt have to search for 2 buns :(

I bet shes going to get lots of noms and cuddles after that...

OMG :shock: My heart would of been in my mouth if that had have happened to me. So glad you found her though, what a relief.:)

Back