• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eating vibes please for Clover U/D - he's now stuffing his face again!!!!

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
Clover is off his food again this morning. He didn't come rushing up for his breakfast - always a bad sign :(

He is currently snuggled on my mum's lap having tummy rubs, but he hasn't nibbled at anything yet :(

Last edited:
Come on little Clover, have a tiny nibble of something and don't worry your mummy!

Hope you feel better soon xx

Thanks guys

He's had tummy rubs for over an hour now, which he seems to have been enjoying, but no eating and no poops.

I've put him back in with Dan for a bit.

My mum's great with the buns, but she doesn't understand why I want to take him to the vets this morning. She thinks if I leave him for a bit 'the belly-ache will pass'.

I'm phoning for an appointment as soon as they open anyway, cos they may not be able to see him til lunchtime. But it makes me feel like she doesn't think I know what I'm doing with my rabbits :(

rushing rabbits to the vets is a pretty new concept hun, dont forget many years ago they lived in hutches and died. no vaccinations and certainly no rushing to the vets if they felt abit off, i think my mom struggles with the level of care my buns require, she had garden rabbits as a child and had no idea how great they are and how delicate tummy buns are. she also thinks my rushing to the vets is abit over the top because she thinks Alvin just plays with me and isnt poorly just trying to wind me up :shock:

rushing rabbits to the vets is a pretty new concept hun, dont forget many years ago they lived in hutches and died. no vaccinations and certainly no rushing to the vets if they felt abit off, i think my mom struggles with the level of care my buns require, she had garden rabbits as a child and had no idea how great they are and how delicate tummy buns are. she also thinks my rushing to the vets is abit over the top because she thinks Alvin just plays with me and isnt poorly just trying to wind me up :shock:

That's just what my mum says, bless her, that he's attention seeking :(

have got an appointment at 9.50 - have to go to a further away branch cos ours doesn't start consulting until 12 on a Thursday.

Sending vibes.

I used to do the 'wait and see' before joining this forum 2 years ago. There's no messing about now though as soon as they are off-colour the get whisked to the vets, you just never know if it's going to be something serious (which sadly I found out in the past to their cost).

Come on Clover .... you can do it!

Glad you've managed to get into the vets this morning. Hope they can sort everything out and Clover starts eating/pooping asap x

Oh Clover please get nomming lots for your mummy

Just saw the time and realised you'll have been to the vets, how did it go hun? xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:( my mum doesn't even know the girls exist, let alone that they are ill. I've told her a dozen times Harvey and Zero are neutered, but when I said I should have got a boy and a girl she was like 'that would be a whole new problem' :roll: It's a whole different generation, she treated our rabbits disgustingly then made my sister and me feel bad for it

Oh Clover please get nomming lots for your mummy

Just saw the time and realised you'll have been to the vets, how did it go hun? xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:( my mum doesn't even know the girls exist, let alone that they are ill. I've told her a dozen times Harvey and Zero are neutered, but when I said I should have got a boy and a girl she was like 'that would be a whole new problem' :roll: It's a whole different generation, she treated our rabbits disgustingly then made my sister and me feel bad for it

My mum's always been great with the animals - she loves them and they love her, but she doesn't get the urgency of getting a bunny that's stopped eating sorted quickly. Then I get the lecture of 'you can't afford £50 a month on vets fees' (like I don't already know that :roll:)

He had 3 injections (pain relief & gut stimulants), and he said to keep him separate from Dan to monitor eating & pooping.

He's more relaxed with Dan, tho, so they are outside together in the run on the lawn, with some extra carrot, a big pot of basil and hay etc.

Have just seen him have a nibble - yes, the first thing he ate was a stray eucalyptus leaf that had blown in :roll:

I know, its tough to decide whether to separate or not to monitor poos, because then they're miserable! Can you tell the difference between their poos?

Poor little baby, at least he's nibbling again

My mum says similar things :roll: but she's the one in a load of debt not me.

I know, its tough to decide whether to separate or not to monitor poos, because then they're miserable! Can you tell the difference between their poos?

Poor little baby, at least he's nibbling again

My mum says similar things :roll: but she's the one in a load of debt not me.

The trouble is I have to borrow off my mum to pay the vets bills - every time I nearly catch up with paying everything off something else crops up.

I can tell the difference between their poos, and he usually picks up really quickly (I don't think his guts had completely stopped like before, as I spot the signs really early, so that helps)

Feeling very weepy now - need a good cry to de-stress myself (if that makes sense!)

I know, I need to borrow some money off my dad for vet bills but I daren't because I know what the response will be.

It does make sense. Have a good cry and give your bunnies a good sniff and a cuddle (not Clover because he's been naughty ;)) And crumble yourself some nice rabbit poo. Sending you lots of hugs and lots of eating/pooping vibes (for Clover!!!) xxxxx

youll know stasis poops when there are some made anyhows. i tried seperating Alvin an pearl before and they just went crazy to get back together.

hope Clover picks up quickly now the meds are doing thier stuff xxxx

Have got Clover in the puppy pen in the conservatory now - he had stretched out on the grass in his tummy pressing position and didn't eat any more. dan's back in the aviary, cos he goes stir crazy in a smaller space. Clo is just sit in the pile of hay, not eating anything. Will have to syringe feed him, I think. :(

Back