• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

George Update

LilVicky

Warren Veteran
Just thought i would start a new thread for George, now that he is a he again. :oops:

He went for his neuter Monday, he was really good, started eating, drinking and toileting right away.
Back to the vets Tuesday because he pulled his stitches out, so they glued it.

Just got back from the vets as he has opened it up again.

This time he has been glued, stabled and a buster collar on :(

Do you think they stabled it without numming? He didnt seem to stay in there long enough to be nummed too... :?

On the way home his 'inner eyelids? were showing :? but they seem back to normal now...

Poor George is hating it :( I feel so sad and helpless!
He has to have it on for about 5 days, and back to the vets next Thursday for his checkup.

Thank you for those who sent him some Vibes xx

Awwwww poor George, loads of healing vibes for the little boy :(

I know they hate it (Timmy had to wear one when he was neutered too :roll:) but 5 days will go very quickly and you'll be surprised how fast he'll get used to it. Just make sure he can get to his food and drink properly, and of course give him loads of sympathetic strokes, as Im sure you already are ;)

Get well soon George :love::love::love:

Awwwww poor George, loads of healing vibes for the little boy :(

I know they hate it (Timmy had to wear one when he was neutered too :roll:) but 5 days will go very quickly and you'll be surprised how fast he'll get used to it. Just make sure he can get to his food and drink properly, and of course give him loads of sympathetic strokes, as Im sure you already are ;)

Get well soon George :love::love::love:

I sure hope the time does fly by :(
He keeps lifting his head right up, and trying to groom himself.

He is able to get to his drink, but might have trouble with his pellets? He has a bowl but when Toffee had a collar he wasnt able to eat without getting it everywhere! Any tips?

He has plenty of hay, and i have given him some Brocoli, He has ate some hay but nothing else yet.

I also keep noticing his inner eyelid... looks horrable :oops: Is this normal? :? Why would it be showing? Am i being paranoid?

He has started to get used to it now, he has learned he needs to hold his head higher than usual :)

He has had lots of treats and nose rubs :love: ;)

He has very tiny poo??

any help with this?

He had a little extra veg :oops: could this have caused it?

He is also not eating many pellets, but still eating all his hay.

:(

Mine are doing tiny poo as well, think it is a mixture of all the drugs, not eating properly and us overindulging them a little to encourage eating :oops: I think at this stage any pooing is fine :) you could ring your vet if you're concerned though xx

Mine are doing tiny poo as well, think it is a mixture of all the drugs, not eating properly and us overindulging them a little to encourage eating :oops: I think at this stage any pooing is fine :) you could ring your vet if you're concerned though xx

do you think so?

His poo has only changed since they had to stable him and he has had to have a buster collar on...

Aww one of my buns had to get a buster collar on, but we were told to take it off for a few hours each day so he could groom and eat their morning poo

Aww one of my buns had to get a buster collar on, but we were told to take it off for a few hours each day so he could groom and eat their morning poo

Aww, Yeah i have been letting him have a break of it, but after a little while he starts licking his wound again :roll:

Back