• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I found brilliant Hay

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
Was on a little drive with my beloved last night went past a house which said.. "we sell hay and logs" so I made Ian pull over and knock.. cos I am shy like that :lol:

And a ladie came out and said yes sixty p a bag.. I asked if they were ok for feed.. and she was like yeah rabbits just love it I have 6 :shock:

They hay was gorgous.. I had three bin liners full for £2.40.. it was on the way back for Shilton before you get to the m69.. my bunnies went bonkers for it..

I have been buying hay by the bale from the range and its okish:roll: but thats 3.50 a bale

I am overjoyed, she also sells eggs, milk and cheese :love:

Was on a little drive with my beloved last night went past a house which said.. "we sell hay and logs" so I made Ian pull over and knock.. cos I am shy like that :lol:

And a ladie came out and said yes sixty p a bag.. I asked if they were ok for feed.. and she was like yeah rabbits just love it I have 6 :shock:

They hay was gorgous.. I had three bin liners full for £2.40.. it was on the way back for Shilton before you get to the m69.. my bunnies went bonkers for it..

I have been buying hay by the bale from the range and its okish:roll: but thats 3.50 a bale

I am overjoyed, she also sells eggs, milk and cheese :love:

Sounds fab. Is that Shilton near Carterton/Burford or another one? If so can you direct me as I regularly go to the farm shop in Carterton to get hay.

Sounds fab. Is that Shilton near Carterton/Burford or another one? If so can you direct me as I regularly go to the farm shop in Carterton to get hay.

Um leave it with me and I'll ask Ian he was driving.. it was before the Ansty Arms towards Coventry... and it was a big house with fields at the back.:D

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQ8gEwAA

google mapped shilton.. is that anywhere near?? I have a feeling wher you mean is in Oxford

No - where near me unfortunetly :cry:
Im desperately trying to find yummy hay ..

The range sell hay bales???? thats useful to know!

No - where near me unfortunetly :cry:
Im desperately trying to find yummy hay ..

The range sell hay bales???? thats useful to know!

Yeah they are quite big, sometimes the quality aint great, its quite yellowy rather than greeny, but its about 3.50ish a bale, there are some green bits in.

If you have a range with a garden bit and pet food bit then thats where they'll be. They also sell bales of barley something or other. But I am quite new to all this so not sure whether I can use it :?

The meadow hay smells good tho

Back