• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit wifey required in SCOTLAND

davinab

Young Bun
Havina tried to bond 3 rabbits unsuccessfully I am looking for a nice neutered Doe around 2 yrs old as companion for my large black EnglishLop..tried all local resuces , nothing ,........live West coast of Scotland but could travel reasonable distance..if anyone hears or knows of one

Have you seen the bunny no one wants thread? I know its a long long way from you but i'd do some of the travelling and i'm sure others would too. It'd be worth it so see her get a nice home and she's sooo pretty :love:

we have loads of females in at the moment at paws I know there one female who is already spayed give me a pm I will tell you more about her ...also there loads other who just came in yesterday ...I foster for paws in edinburgh

There is a rescue on the east coast, outside Aberdeen, that doesn't do homechecks- they just judge the people when they enquire about an animal- might be worth a call, if it isn't too far.

Where in the west are you? Animal Ark in Inverness usually have bunnies in. They do homechecks though. I'm in Sutherland, 2 hours north of Inverness and they wouldn't come and homecheck me because of the distance, so they wouldn't let me adopt.
http://www.animal-ark.org.uk/

Inverness SSPCA also have lots of bunnies in at the moment, but they don't spay. They don't require a homecheck, just proof of address, which is a bit easier :) 7 bunnies in at the moment...
http://www.scottishspca.org/rehoming/category/rabbits/centre/9_highlands-islands

You could always keep an eye on the Pets at Homer adoption centre. There's also Gumtree, Preloved and Freecycle you could watch.

There is a 2 year old female looking for a new home in Lanarkshire. Here is the link.
www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=19683 trixie
Breed: Medium
Sex: Female
Bonded: No
Vaccinated: No
Date Added: 21/04/2010
Last Update: 03/06/2010
More Details:
Description: medium sized rabbit brown and white in coulour with lop ears,trixie is also able to use a litter tray.
General health: generally health not had to visit vet for poor health
Temperament:affectionate but enjoys running around
Type of home wanted: a loving home where time can be spend with trixie

Contact for Enquiries
trixie is being rehomed by a private individual. For more information please contact:

› alana
9barr terrace westmains east kilbride
g74 1ap

Tel: 07756401419
Email: wee_stewpot@hotmail.com

Bunny Wifey

Thanks for the response guys,
I live near Oban on the West coast and did try SSPCA in Inverness who are advertising a neutered Doe(she is taken ) but am in touch with local officer who is keeping eyes open.
I will however contact both Edinburgh and Aberdeen areas both will be a round trip of 4 - 5 hrs so a meet up would be helpful(hubby complains re petrol etc,)

But I will do my best as I know there are enough bunnies around, it is just finding one near enough

I live near Oban on the West coast and did try SSPCA in Inverness who are advertising a neutered Doe(she is taken ) but am in touch with local officer who is keeping eyes open.
I will however contact both Edinburgh and Aberdeen areas both will be a round trip of 4 - 5 hrs so a meet up would be helpful(hubby complains re petrol etc,)

But I will do my best as I know there are enough bunnies around, it is just finding one near enough

The New Arc, outside Aberdeen has lots of rabbits. It would be worth calling, although I'm not sure of their vaccination policy, they don't neuter- but it is better to check before setting off.

Wifey for rabbit

Have contacted some of the mentioned places none seem to have a suitable spayed doe, but will keep trying,

I think my friend may have this one :oops::oops:
Is her name Nugget on the website? White and agouti lop??

Also, I volunteer at a Rabbit Boarding place/Sanctuary/occasional re-home centre, so will keep my ears open for any neutered does for you! xx

Back