• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Owens new home

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
As a result of my freecycle ad someone kindly donated a hutch & small run yesterday. Not bad quality but it hadn't been cleaned out in a while. It looked a bit grim at first....

4ftdoubledeckerb45.jpg

4ftdoubledeckerb4.jpg

4ftdoubledeckerb42.jpg

....and it took me over two hours (2 pairs of rubber gloves and two kitchen scourers) to get it clean & disinfect it inside & out. In fact, I ended up pretty much de-assembling it so that I could get into all the nooks and crannies ....and then I jet washed it :shock:

It dried out overnight in the garage & looked (& smelt) much better this morning. The scrubbing was well worth the effort though. Here is foster bunny "Owen" enjoying his new improved temporary home. I swear I actually saw him smile when I put him inside this afternoon :D :lol:

08062010177.jpg

08062010178.jpg

08062010175.jpg

08062010176.jpg

Wow - it looks so much better now!

It's really grim being given a dirty hutch like that - we had one recently :mrgreen:

I don't look at the grubbiness...wherever there's a will.......:lol::lol:
I renovated my sisters for her when she got one off ebay and I did a spot of DIY on my kennel :D

I have to say there was a real sense of achievement when it was done :lol:

My OH went to see Owen today and he was flat out in the run enjoying the sunshine, so pleased :D He didn't have a run attached before & had to wait for someone to take him out of his hutch for exercise which to be fair was every day but having his own bit of space whenever he likes it is much better :)

Aww, thank you :oops: Like I say, I actually enjoy scrubbing :shock::lol: it's a shame I can't earn enough to pay the mortage from it really or I'd be at it 24/7 :lol:

Back