• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sibling/Rabbit Problems

Heyy.

Im at the end of my teather with my brother and these animals!! Hes 12, and he loves Marley to pieces, although there are 5 other animals that need his attention and not just Marley!

He has a slight learning difficulty, although you wouldnt notice. He looses his temper so quickly, he even hit me today...i was only trying to show him the poster i made to help him remember what to do!

He gets angry if i tell him what to do, he gets anrgy if i show him what to do. He does things wrong and doesnt listen when i try to explain calmly how and why we feed the rabbits/handle them like we do.

I cant say or do anything without him going totally insane. It's stressing me and the rabbits out! :(

Dont mean to be rude but how old are you? Is it something you could talk to your parents about?

I'm 18.

Yeah, i have spoken to them about it. Its an ongoing problem with my brother, not just over the rabbits and guinea pigs.

I was rushing to do my post before i took the dog out, i've just read it back and it reads terrible! :lol: sorry.

I'm just getting a little sick because my dad rescued another rabbit the other week, with the intention that it woluld be my brothers. My brother doesnt seem to be all that enthusiastic about Clarence because hes bonded with our first rabbit, Marley. I feel like its just being left to me.

Like most young kids (although 12 isnt exactly young), he'll look after them when it suits him. I've tried to explain that if he wants to help then he can, but he has to get into a routine otherwise I will end up over feeding them. I also try to teach him which foods are good for rabbits and which foods aren't. The poster wasn't patronising in any way, it was a good reference, ill even use it myself from time to time.

It's difficult though because i kind of feel like my parents dont take me seriously. They chuck any old thing in for them to eat and its really irritating. This doesnt really help when i'm trying to teach my brother because he sees them doing that and thinks that it doesnt really matter.

Am i being over-seisitive or making a big deal out of nothing? I think my parents think i take it too seriously.

Back