• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A few posts rolled into one...What would you do & My new shed

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Ok, First part of my thread - the shed is nearly finished :D
I need to take a finished pic of shed and run attached but
Today I moved sooty, Oreo and Charlie to the shed still inside their NIC Cubes as its still quite early days in bonding and didnt want to give them too much space... I have had to take Mittens out about a week ago due to her being ill and cant see her going back in with them now. She was actually scared of Sooty and cant see that changing! I needed to get the 3 outside now while its warm and so they can have gradually have more space - they do love it out there! :D

My dilemma - I know before you said just concentrate on getting mittens better which I am doing - but I need to think what to do for the best for the others as well and also need to think about extra accomodation as the group hasnt worked out... Do I just keep these three together now?
Look at this taken in their first hour in the shed :love:
CIMG2453.jpg

Or I do spilt Charlie up and pair him with Mittens - I did do this once but he just wanted to be with Sooty and kept trying to get to her through the cage sooooo what shall I do? He is so in love with Sooty...
and I really cant afford another bun for Mittens... Do you think Charlie can get to love Mittens so each pair have half the shed each OR
Keep Mittens as a single house rabbit and keep the other 3 in the shed?

argggh ... sorry for going on but I just dont know what to do for the best and need to get it straight in my head - and also need my darling Mittens to get better :love:

Last edited:
Do you think Charlie can get to love Mittens so each pair have half the shed each OR
Keep Mittens as a single house rabbit and keep the other 3 in the shed?

argggh ... sorry for going on but I just dont know what to do for the best and need to get it straight in my head - and also need my darling Mittens to get better :love:

Lovely pic! :love:

With Mittens being so poorly (sending *tons* more vibes for her by the way! Was so sorry to read about her getting ill again! :() I'd keep her in the house as a single bun' for the time being where you can keep a close eye on her and perhaps see how she goes on and how contented she seems.

There doesn't seem any point worrying about things whilst the trio are happy and Mittens is so poorly........ I'd leave them out there and give Mittens full attention in the house and see how she goes on. :)

But that's only my opinion - only you know your bunnies well enough to make a decision really.

I'd agree with Hanlou, if she is happy with your company and is having tummy troubles maybe it's best to get her well and then try again in the future.

I agree with the above get her well again and then make a decision. Rabbits can pick up on illness, if she was a bit low when you were bonding them they might have picked on her more

Back