• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At what age are netherland dwarfs fully grown?

yup, around 6 months size wise, but usually fill out a bit more after that.

unless you are wanting to show him he cant really "get too big". He will grow until he reaches the size he is ment to be (unless you over feed him and he gets fat)

That's only a show quality one. Nethies come in a whole variety of sizes because of the dwarfing gene. I have a few purebred ones and the biggest is 2.1kg, and the smallest is 1.3kg (about 3lbs ish?).

Its quality though, not quantity that's important :lol:

I have 4 nethies, and they all diff shapes and sizes .. my biggest is Smokey and Smallest is Rose/Magic

here is a pic to show the diff

PICT0046.jpg

PICT0052.jpg

PICT0060.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, the weight thing only really matters if you're rabbit has been bred for show, and you pan on showing. Many netherland dwarfs from back yard breeders or pet shops are not show quality.

Yeah, the weight thing only really matters if you're rabbit has been bred for show, and you pan on showing. Many netherland dwarfs from back yard breeders or pet shops are not show quality.

Many nethies from responsible breeders are not show quality either, which is why they sell them to be pets.

Charlee is 1.2kg when I weighed her last a couple of weeks ago. But I was watching her the other day and she stopped for a rest, and I realised how podgy she is looking :oops:

Back