• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those of you with Attached runs with permanent access .....

Bitzy

Mama Doe
........ do your buns have the sense to stay in the hutch/covered area when its raining? Or do they just bomb round the run regardless??

My runs are fully weather proof so even if they go out in the rain the worst that happens if they get wet feet.

I'm as paranoid and overprotective as they come so mine have a covered, waterproof run. They never get wet!!! They will sit happily in a light drizzle when freeranging to eat grass. They like to watch me squirm!!! If its heavy rain they join me in the kitchen or sit under a chair in the garden so I think they would find shelter if they needed to. But they don't have to cause
Their mummy is paranoid!!!!

I have a corrolux cover for my run, although its not really large enough I need to get another one to make it fully waterproof! :roll:

Strawberrys run is half covered and he always sits in the uncovered part when it rains! He loves getting wet!

If it absolutely pours down they'll go into the shed but they'll quite happily sit out in the run in light rain :roll:.

Strawberrys run is half covered and he always sits in the uncovered part when it rains! He loves getting wet!

Mine are exactly the same! The covered part is also the bigger area of the run, but nope... they don't like that part.

mine have a covered run and an uncovered run and they will, 99% of the time, sit out in the uncovered run in the wet. even if it's pouring and cold.

Bless 'em all eh!

When I got home last night they were happily bouncing round in the rain! (although it was only light rain, haven't had a heavy downpour since they moved into their new gaff). x

All mine have covered enclosures so they can sit out in all weather, but seeing how many buns seem to like the rain I feel a bit guilty cossetting them so much.
Maybe I should give them a rainy corner??

Yep mine have the choice but up to now, seem to like the rain!

They even kept on playing with their - by then - soaked loo roll innards! :lol: Blessss

If our runs are ever uncovered all Minstrel has to do is get his feet wet and he is washing like something posionous has been on him :roll: But then he is a drama queen! :lol::lol::lol:

They'll both sit out in drizzle, Jess is a bit more hardy and doesn't mind getting wet but joejoe is a right wuss and sits in the upstairs hutch if it's a bit heavier bless him

Back