• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should i ask?

I would totally recommend it :) clover and you will be a lot happier, and a second bun doesn't cost you much more monthly tbh, and a nice big hutch is a good investment-it'll last their lifetimes at least and you won't be worrying :)

just keep dropping hints..

for that hutch for two you would need to put a very large run with it.

good luck with your dad :wave:

If it was an either/or I'd definitely recommend getting a bigger hutch first of all, to give Clover some more space.

I got a hutch & run combo from ebay recently for £130, here's the link It was on for auction at £129 when i got it and we just rung them up and offered that amount over the phone and they accepted. they've got a proper website too which you can get from the link on their ebay page.

Getting another bun would be lovely too, they really do thrive in pairs, my Joejoe was on his own to start with then when i came on here and realised they did better in pairs we got Jess and it was the making of him he is such a happier rabbit now than before.

It really doesn't cost all that much more either for 2, it's only a a few extra nuggets and hay a day, just be sure to cost in the extra cost of insurance (if they're insured) and the extra sets of vaccinations too, which you can always put away a few £'s a month towards.

I would ask your dad :) Bunnies are social animals and love to live in pairs or groups :love:

That hutch looks and sounds really small! Too small for one? :?

The hutch needs to be at least 6ft x 2ft x 2ft
With two bunnies its better off with a double tier one, like the one you have linked to... but alot bigger :)

They also need a large run to run around in, atleast 6ft again, if they dont get free range.

Is your current rabbit neutered? If not, are you willing to pay to get it neutered?
They need to be neutered before bonding.

Will you get another from a rescue? Rescues can help you choose the right friend for your rabbit. They sometimes help with the bonding too!
It works out cheaper from a rescue than from a shop. Rescues ask for a little donation, and the rabbits get Vaccs and Neutered before rehoming :wave:

no, hes not neutered yet but we will. I want get another from a rescue but it depends. How long does it take with bonding them?

I have a pen that goes on the grass but i can put it around the hutch, will this work? I cant let him free range as my mum like her gardening :roll::lol:.

Do you have a garden shed? That would be a lovely home for Clover and his new friend, and you wouldn't have to buy a new hutch that way.

I would defianately get him neutered and adopt him a wifey from a rescue. :D

Do you have a garden shed? That would be a lovely home for Clover and his new friend, and you wouldn't have to buy a new hutch that way.

I would defianately get him neutered and adopt him a wifey from a rescue. :D

No we dont, not one he can use and we dont have much room in our garden:(

I would love to get him one but its probally a no :cry:

Hi! Good luck - hope it works out!:D

Just thought - you could get for £100 - a 6ftX4ft shed form B&Q - then have a cat flap or something to put onto the run.

You can then build levels inside or put your existing hutch inside with the doors off it - they would have lots of room to binky then!

Also great -as you can have shelevs higher up that are sturdy for storing hay & all their paraphanalia! Your Dad may like the idea its all neat & tidy & together.......;)
Plus the floor space it would take up it similar to what a hutch space would take up too....and it could look nicer - painted or something. You can also insulate it & board the inside so in winter its secure & warm for them!:p

Ive just got 2 double hutches -& will bejoinging the lower runs to make one long one - but as OH has plans for a shed - :lol::lol::lol: - I will be useing some of that when it ever happens!:lol::lol::lol:

Hi! Good luck - hope it works out!:D

Just thought - you could get for £100 - a 6ftX4ft shed form B&Q - then have a cat flap or something to put onto the run.

You can then build levels inside or put your existing hutch inside with the doors off it - they would have lots of room to binky then!

Also great -as you can have shelevs higher up that are sturdy for storing hay & all their paraphanalia! Your Dad may like the idea its all neat & tidy & together.......;)
Plus the floor space it would take up it similar to what a hutch space would take up too....and it could look nicer - painted or something. You can also insulate it & board the inside so in winter its secure & warm for them!:p

Ive just got 2 double hutches -& will bejoinging the lower runs to make one long one - but as OH has plans for a shed - :lol::lol::lol: - I will be useing some of that when it ever happens!:lol::lol::lol:

Sounds good :D I would love to have a shed but we really dont have anywhere to put it! we havnt got a very big garden and its got lots of flowers and plants in the way:roll:

I asked and its a no :(, i said that i would save up and pay for it and its still a no. Im just worried that clover will get bored because soon i wont be able to see him as much so i wont be able to let him out in the morning and afternoon like i normally do.

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:

A truly happy bunny is one with lots of space and a companion. This is especially the case when you cant spend so much time with him anymore :( Tell your dad that its either a larger living area and companion, or very likely you will have a very frustrated and behavioural (possibly even aggressive) bun on your hands, this might help your argument ;)

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:

A truly happy bunny is one with lots of space and a companion. This is especially the case when you cant spend so much time with him anymore :( Tell your dad that its either a larger living area and companion, or very likely you will have a very frustrated and behavioural (possibly even aggressive) bun on your hands, this might help your argument ;)

Thank you. I will try again later! :)

Sounds good :D I would love to have a shed but we really dont have anywhere to put it! we havnt got a very big garden and its got lots of flowers and plants in the way:roll:

I asked and its a no :(, i said that i would save up and pay for it and its still a no. Im just worried that clover will get bored because soon i wont be able to see him as much so i wont be able to let him out in the morning and afternoon like i normally do.

Show him this

Back