• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed please

bubz_79

Warren Scout
Ok first I think I should apologise about the rain as I think it my fault due to 2 reasons. firstly I went to homebase yesterday and bought some herbs and plants for the bunny bed and was hoping to get them planted today and secondly the bunnies new abode arrive this morning and i was also hoping to get it treated.

So I now have a soggy 8 X 6 shed in parts in the gharden and the plants (mint, parsley, basil, marigolds, lavender and a blackberry tree) all waiting to have something done with.

I even managed to get the lino flooring yesterday a 8 x 9 peice for £40 which I will collect at the weekend. So now on to my questions......

What do you use to insulate you shed?

Do you use a cat flap or tunnels to let them have outside access?

If its a cat flap how fast did your buns learn to use it?

Thats all I can think of for now but there may be more to come LOL

:D

No answers to your questions I'm afraid, having an aviary with hutches in rather than a shed, but this is perfect weather for planting out :D The plants settle in really quickly if they have some rain when they're planted. bet you really wanted me to tell you that :lol:

LOL Thanks hun I did think someone would suggest I get them in while its wet. I may brave it later. I will of course take pics of the bunny bed.

Well in between downpours i have managed to plant everything apart from the marigolds which i will do 2moro.

PLEASE CAN I HAVE SOME ADVICE THOUGH :shock:

I'm sorry I have no advice I have two indoor buns, I just wanted a further apology from you for making it rain on my birthday week :p

But on a more serious note someone just posted very recently about building a playhouse and they had a cat flap. I think Nursecroft has a cat flap on her new shed but could be wrong....

I think I've seen that some people prop the cat flap open until the buns are used to going through it (and food bribes help them to start going through if they're nervous of it :))

What about the insulation? Polystyrene tiles then plywood and mesh over it? Also will I need it now or could I just mesh the lower bit till the end of Summer?

Back