• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sore hocks (result!)

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
Use a quilt!!

I have a sore-hock (conti) temp bun here. He was drastically overweight & his feet were bleeding daily. He was bandaged/sudacremd (with metacam/baytril), on newspaper then rubber matting with thick hay on top.

After him losing a lot of weight - his hocks improved, but were still sore, & someone posted on here about using a quilt as padding. So I added that on top of the rubber matting & finally he has the all clear from the vet:love::love::love::love:

He's now binkying around the garden which is sooooo nice to see, cos I daren't let him when his hocks were sore in case they got hurt/wet

Use a quilt!!

I have a sore-hock (conti) temp bun here. He was drastically overweight & his feet were bleeding daily. He was bandaged/sudacremd (with metacam/baytril), on newspaper then rubber matting with thick hay on top.

After him losing a lot of weight - his hocks improved, but were still sore, & someone posted on here about using a quilt as padding. So I added that on top of the rubber matting & finally he has the all clear from the vet:love::love::love::love:

He's now binkying around the garden which is sooooo nice to see, cos I daren't let him when his hocks were sore in case they got hurt/wet

How temp;):lol::lol::lol:

Great news :D

Ive been using a quilt for my head tilt bun Mimi whilst she was immobilised and its really helped keep the sore hocks at bay :thumb:

I use a quilt. I find it better than vetbed as (a) it's less abrasive and (b) I use thin single quilts which I can throw in the washing machine. :D

Use a quilt!!

Is he an indoor and outdoor bunny? One of mine has sore hocks but they are outdoors and I would worry that a quilt would soak through with all the rain at the moment.

Great news though!:D

I was a wreck when Charlie had sore hocks :oops: I did nothing but worry!

Glad the "temp" conti is all better :love:

Back