• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nipping..behavioural or hormonal?

Pixsmudge

Young Bun
Hey guys, wondered what you thought about this little problem I'm having with Titchy bunny. :)

He's super sweet, but since I got him, he's always had a fascination with my clothes, used to nibble on them...this has turned into full blown nipping, quite hard, and he does it loads. He's almost 16 weeks now, obviously he's not neutered. I never went through this with Pickle and Smudge, Pix was already neutered and Smudge has only really bitten when shes very unhappy with me..that doesn't happen much at all. Its just sometimes its so random I worry whether this is something he'll keep doing after he's done, for attention perhaps? I have to be padded out all the time, coz he loves jumping on me and nipping my tummy, or leaping up behind me on my chair and nipping my bum! He is constantly trying to hump my arms and legs, and I know buns nip during mounting...would this be courtship? sometimes it leaves me a bit unsure. The rest of the time he's licking me passionately and cuddling up to me. 99% of the time he nips through my clothes and doesn't really go for my skin.

The concern is it'll cross over and become some sort of habit once he's neutered, lots of bunny owners have gone through this, has the hard nipping stopped for you?

I'm thinking (and hoping) its normal hormonal behaviour, but if someone else could give me their opinion, it would be really helpful.

Thank you

TO ME it does sound hormonal, hopefully he will calm down when he is neutered.
Jimby used to nip, he would jump up on the bed and nip me through my clothes! :shock: I would squeal like a bun would in the wild and MOST of the time he would stop and stare at me as if to say 'I am so sorry Mummy' although Sometimes he would look at me then do it again :shock:
I am very happy to say that he stopped that once his hormones calmed down after being neutered.

It will just be his hormones, my auntys bun went through the same thing, which resulted in them not wanting him anymore and gettin dumped at mine :( but I got him neutered and he is back to the sweetest bun I have ever met

Hormonal me thinks!!
My Mrs Bun did this before she was speyed.....so did BB.
Lily isnt speyed at 16 months and still does it...(shes poorly and always has been hence not speyed.)

Thank you :) He really is such a sweetheart but sometimes he can be a bit much, no one likes to be nipped loads, just now hes jumped up behind me and just sat nipping my bum :( Its gotten to the point before where i've sat on my chair feet up not moving because all he does is go for me. I've tried squealing, he sort of looks at me with a little interest and carries on doing it! Thanks to you though I'm feeling more optimistic about it :D Thanks for your help :D

Back