• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

shows?

fido9378

New Kit
can anyone give me any information on pet rabbit shows in the west mids and worcerstershire. i fancy checkin it out with my 2 little buddys and gettin to know other bunny lovers in person as well as just on the net.

can anyone give me any information on pet rabbit shows in the west mids and worcerstershire. i fancy checkin it out with my 2 little buddys and gettin to know other bunny lovers in person as well as just on the net.

That sounds delightful! It really does, but have you ever been to a show? I just don't think the bunnies enjoy it as much as the hoomans!! :(

I hate rabbit shows. Tiny cages, noise, the stress of travel, nowhere to hide, being mauled by judges, heat, etc, etc. Nope, I wouldn't put a bunny of mine through it.

rabbit shows are not that bad infact the rabbits do enjoy it well mine do
ok hun ive scouted the fur and feather but couldnt see any in your area coming up http://www.secure-website.com/thebrc/index.htm thats the brc web site that wil tell you of upcoming shows ;)
if you want to know anything let me know pet rabbits are judged os been clean , friendly and fitness thats all so you dont have to worry about type etc
ann x

I appreciate that some people don't like shows, but I would like to make up my Own mind and opinion on them. I'd also like to meet other owners. And rest assured I wouldnt do anything to stress out my little pals.

Any information anyone could give on where to find shows, or any shows coming up would be gratefully received.

hmm... rabbit lovers... questionable in my opinion... tiny cages, noise, stress, basically what other people said. x

hmm... rabbit lovers... questionable in my opinion... tiny cages, noise, stress, basically what other people said. x

so basically your saying anyone who shows rabbits ie myself are not rabbit lovers :roll: unless you show and know how it works and actually have done rabbits shows and know people who show you have no right to judge if we are rabbit lovers or not ;)

rabbit shows are not that bad infact the rabbits do enjoy it well mine do
ok hun ive scouted the fur and feather but couldnt see any in your area coming up http://www.secure-website.com/thebrc/index.htm thats the brc web site that wil tell you of upcoming shows ;)
if you want to know anything let me know pet rabbits are judged os been clean , friendly and fitness thats all so you dont have to worry about type etc
ann x

thanks for the info ann, i've seen the brc website before, and it hasn't given me a great deal of info on shows anywhere (unless i'm looking in the wrong place ;) ) I think there is one in Worcester but I dont know when they run lol.

How many shows have you been too? Is there anything you'd recommend?

most rabbits that are taken to shows cope perfactly fine with it all. It can be fun for both the people and the rabbits.
I like how you are making your own decision on wether you agree with them or not. I would go along to some, just to have a wee look about, ask some questions.

most rabbits that are taken to shows cope perfactly fine with it all. It can be fun for both the people and the rabbits.
I like how you are making your own decision on wether you agree with them or not. I would go along to some, just to have a wee look about, ask some questions.

thats exactly wot i want to do, check it out for myself to see wot goes on then decide if showing is for me and my little buddies

so basically your saying anyone who shows rabbits ie myself are not rabbit lovers :roll: unless you show and know how it works and actually have done rabbits shows and know people who show you have no right to judge if we are rabbit lovers or not ;)

as i said, my own personal opinion. think any bun would love to run around a garden rather than be at a show given the choice!

thanks for the info ann, i've seen the brc website before, and it hasn't given me a great deal of info on shows anywhere (unless i'm looking in the wrong place ;) ) I think there is one in Worcester but I dont know when they run lol.

How many shows have you been too? Is there anything you'd recommend?
:wave:
ive been showing for over 6 years now and love it not all rabbits enjoy it but most of mine get very excited when they see the take to show tags come out :lol:
my next show is on saturday at honley near huddersfield that has a pet show and then following week at the north yorks county show near northallerton again that has pet show may be a bit far for you though
you should get this magazine
http://www.furandfeather.co.uk/
that tells you whaen and where all the shows are you can get the online version too
our biggest shows are bradford champs held in harrogate in january and london champs held in readding in sept brilliant weekends but no pet shows at those :D
ann xx

I think people can choose to make up their own minds.
My ambition is to breed show quality rabbits (after i've done loads of research into it) from what i've seen, most rabbits cope fine with it.
I can imagine some don't but it's the same with dogs, horses etc;
Even humans in big crowds.

If I had a hopeful show bun and it wasn't comfortable and stressed out, this is exactly what I would do.
Get it neutered. On the basis I was showing it to be a show bun, not a breeder.
Keep it until the end. I bred it, it's my responsibility.
I'm a big believer in taking responsibility for your actions. I hate the breeders who get rid of buns because they're "no good" anymore :( it's sad and gives the rest of the good breeders a bad name.

Shows are great for meeting other enthusiasts. Especially if you're into a certain breed :)

I think people can choose to make up their own minds.
My ambition is to breed show quality rabbits (after i've done loads of research into it) from what i've seen, most rabbits cope fine with it.
I can imagine some don't but it's the same with dogs, horses etc;
Even humans in big crowds.

If I had a hopeful show bun and it wasn't comfortable and stressed out, this is exactly what I would do.
Get it neutered. On the basis I was showing it to be a show bun, not a breeder.
Keep it until the end. I bred it, it's my responsibility.
I'm a big believer in taking responsibility for your actions. I hate the breeders who get rid of buns because they're "no good" anymore :( it's sad and gives the rest of the good breeders a bad name.

Shows are great for meeting other enthusiasts. Especially if you're into a certain breed :)

hiya well said what breed are you thinking of showing ? when your ready let me know and i will point you in the right direction for you to get your first show trio
ann xxx

Back