• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Now Autumn has joined the throngs UD post 16, back from vets

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Its not enough that Badger is very ill (but holding his own) and Rosie is struggling.

That Sky and Angel are both off to the vets tomorrow for making coughing, sneezing, spluttery noises.

No.

Autumn feels left out and has joined in.

He is pretty sleepy. He ate a bit, but not loads, and he's not bouncing for food like he normally does. Hasn't drunk much today either, apparently. Has not lost any size to his poo, although it looks like there may be less today than normal (not sure about this).

I've done what my vet would say do, which is to give him Metacam. He has a bunny buffet. Now we wait.

Looks like I'll have to take him to the vets tomorrow too!

Can he please have some vibes. I don't like to see my bunnies miserable.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. He's acting exactly as my dental buns do, and whilst we know he had points on his teeth when he was neutered, I don't know if this is teeth, or because he has eaten some wood pellet litter, or something else. I just have no idea. His tummy is soft, so I'm just hoping its teeth.

I'm scared :(

oh I'm so not knowledgeable enough to make an opinion, sorry, I'll send extra huge vibes instead if that's ok :oops:

Thanks guys.

We had a horendous (but could have been worse) night here. I lost the internet :roll: and had the most unhelpful vet when I called the emergency vets.

He basically told me that there was nothing else they could do other than what I was doing. He talked about force feeding and I said I didn't want to because I didn't know what was causing it and was worried he may be blocked with wood pellet litter. I asked if I could give Sub Q fluids, which he said yes, so I did, but more than he said.

I really thought I was losing him, he started to go limp, and his head was wobbly, his breathing was so shallow and fast and his eyes were somewhat glazed, so I got ready for bed, put my pillows and a fleecey blanket in his run with him and got in. I cuddled him for about 20 minutes and then like a light switch he was up, about, ravenous and relatively normal.

So I have no idea if it was the Metacam, the fluids or the company (or a combo of two/all three), but he bounced back. We're off to the vets shortly for Autumn, Sky and Angel.

On a not so good note, I crawled up to my bed at 6.15 this morning and when I woke up a short while ago, Badger had his nose stuck right up in the air. :(

oh hun :( hope badger is ok he is such a lovely little boy and a little fighter.

Ah emergency vets, hey? :roll: make you feel so reassured :roll:

Ok, we're back.

My vet said that from everything I said that Autumn had gone into shock and was very severely ill. Essentially, by doing all I did last night I saved his life. He couldn't find anything wrong, and even his guts felt fine, but when I said that we felt maybe Autumn had been eating wood pellet litter (which has now been removed from his area), that that may have caused an issue and the pain was that trying to pass through something, and the fluids, warmth and painkiller helped to ease things and move it along. Autumn helpfully did a load of poos in the carry case, all which looked marvellous, so that showed his gut was moving. So my vet feels that he is now ok, we just need to keep an eye on him.

Thank goodness for that!

Gracious, what a night!!
Hope you get some rest today...and the bunnies continue to flourish!!
Little sods....:roll:

Oh no what an auwful night, you must be exhausted!
So glad to hear that Autumn is doing better today, thank god you knew what to do to save him.
I hope that Badger is ok, Im thinking of him and sending lots of vibes xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back