• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Running around with tail up and pooing like mad

Becca24

Mama Doe
My boy Pip keeps doing this to me, he is 14 weeks so not neutered yet. Most evenings I sit in his run with him and he has nose rubs and a crunchie etc but I feel that he thinks I am invading his space now and doesn't want me there.

I know its his hormones and that but I cant help but feel a little bit sad as I enjoy spending time with him but obviously I dont want to upset him.

Is his reaction definately me invading his space and him being cross or could it be him wanting to make babies with me??

Hope that makes sense.

It could be a making babies thing and just a generally over excited thing. Albert and Dutchie both do it when they can smell each other

I would imagine excitement but also marking his territory. Not from you though, more likely from what you smell of, which will be Rolo.

Grimlock still does it and he's been neutered for years. ;)

Sometimes he gets really excited and 'bites' Samus (he has no front teeth) and runs off with his tail in the air pooping. She usually chases him and bites him back...

Gracie does this she runs around making this noise and poos at the same time, it looks like excitement to me :D xxxx

Buzz did this before he was neutered... then he stopped eating! he put himself into stasis because he was so horny! Think you should get him neutered as soon as poss...

I want to get him done as soon as poss but having just got back from holiday money a bit tight it might not be for a week or two unfortunately. :(

Well if it is excitement then it not so bad, I can cope with that! :)

I want to get him done as soon as poss but having just got back from holiday money a bit tight it might not be for a week or two unfortunately. :(

Well if it is excitement then it not so bad, I can cope with that! :)

How old is he?? xxx

Ahh he`s too young to be neutered yet anyway. xxxxxxxxxx

They can be neutered as soon as their bits drop- the rest is at the discretion of the vet.

One of mine was done by our vet (Me and Becca share vets) at 12 weeks, although my nethies had to wait until 5 months.

They can be neutered as soon as their bits drop- the rest is at the discretion of the vet.

One of mine was done by our vet (Me and Becca share vets) at 12 weeks, although my nethies had to wait until 5 months.

Oh i see. mine wont neuter until 6 months.

I must admit I havent had a proper good look at his bits just lately, will do that tomorrow.

I think I may have to have him neutered at another vets, just dont think I have £75 at the moment and If I leave it too late some behaviour may become learned and neutering will have no effect on it. What do you think?

Well i dont know to be honest my daisy ( she died in feb) was neutered and she always did it.
Grace my 6 month bun who was neutered last weds is still doing it now but i suppose it could stop i dont know.
All i know is my daisy never stopped pooing she used to run round all excitable doing it, i didnt mind it used to make me laugh :lol: xxxxxxxxxxx

I must admit I havent had a proper good look at his bits just lately, will do that tomorrow.

I think I may have to have him neutered at another vets, just dont think I have £75 at the moment and If I leave it too late some behaviour may become learned and neutering will have no effect on it. What do you think?

I think neutering early helps. Nutmeg wasn't speyed until she was two whereas the others were done before they were one and Nutmeg is a lot messier and a lot more territorial. But a few weeks wouldn't make much difference.

Back