• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing...

Hi everyone.

Yes i'm a noob. :)

We got our Bunny Barney on April 16th, we took him straight to vets etc and he had all his injections. He has also been neutured. Hes very very sweet. Loves to be held and everything. He's even house trained (which i cannot believe)

We got him a little girlfriend last week but we're unsure on how to let them meet, or how long. We kept our bedroom free (because he lived in a cage with us before going into hios hutch) so has been around most of our small house. Tess is such a sweet little lady. We have placed her cage next to his hutch and and everything let them sniff today but today I don't know whether I can be very happy or not? so i'm asking for advice. Barney has gone into her room and lay down by her cage with her peering out. he stands up and has done many many mini Binkys (sort of a dance actually) in front of her. He's now lay again while i'm typing this. Should i introduce them formally yet or continue to let them sniff each other. (she started to do a few binkys in her cage) I really don't want this to go wrong as they are both gorgeous and really want them to get on??

Whats are the good signs and bad signs and what should i allow them to do/ not to do when they do meet??

Thanks!!

Hello and welcome to RU

There are some very good threads in the bonding section which are worth reading if you want to try bonding yourself. Alternatively a local rescue will often bond for you in return for a donation. Perosnally if you want to go down this route I would recommend www.fatfluffs.com - they are fab :D

Is girlie spayed? IMO it's worth waiting til that's done, and then waiting another month or so for her hormones to settle, before bonding them. The reason being that while they might bond well now problems could arise as she gets older and her grumpy girl hormones kick in.

Welcome to RU anyway, hope you'll stick around! :D

shes not yet. shes got her mixie jab on friday. and we're hoping the vet can tell us when she will be ready to be spayed as we're unsure of her actual age..
possibly 10 weeks. so she has another 10 -14 to go to be sure.

we cant wait for them to bond as They are alone all day at the moment while we are at work so we want them to have some company together :)

Thanks. I'm sure i will stick around. Some good stuff on here from what i've read

Letting them get used to each other's smell through bars is a good idea while you wait. They can still keep each other company through the bars although it's not as good as being together. :)

I bet you can't wait until they're snuggling up together and cleaning each other. It's super cute. :mrgreen:

well we introduced them last night and they snuggled up together. they were only together 20 minutes before we seperated them. we put them together again today and all Barney wants to do is hop on the good foot and do the bad thing :( She's getting a bit scared of him so we have put him in her cage to let her roam about by him....

Are we doin this wrong?

I personally wouldn't put together then separate again each time, though I know some people have bonded this way.

I'd leave it until your female is spayed & recovered.

Welcome to RU by the way :wave:

Back