• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excel Forage??

Grace65

Warren Veteran
Hello all :wave:
I bought gracie and charlie some excel forage (the one with dandelion and marigold) when they had there speys last weds, they didnt seem to want to eat at all and i was trying all sorts to get them to munch.

Anyhow, gracie seems to love it more than pellets, so i was wondering is there any problem with her having it everyday? im mixing it with timothy and meadow hay and she loves it, thing is a friend just said to me its fattening :shock:!!

You would think i was a new rabbit owner the way i worry but i just want to do whats right for my buns. xxxxxxxxxx

Hello Hun!!
I give my lot the excel bits as treats.
Hay isnt fattening but perhaps some variants are.A buns diet should be 90% hay, as we all know.
Im flummoxed on this one!!!

Hello Hun!!
I give my lot the excel bits as treats.
Hay isnt fattening but perhaps some variants are.A buns diet should be 90% hay, as we all know.
Im flummoxed on this one!!!

Hi yvette!!!
Its got me flumoxed too, you never know someone might know the answer?! xx

my lot only have the excel herbage wit hhte dandilion and marigold in it to eat. They arent fat:)

my lot only have the excel herbage wit hhte dandilion and marigold in it to eat. They arent fat:)

Thank you!
it is hay after all isnt it?? sounds silly to ask but it just made me think, love your bunnny photos btw they are adorable. xxxxxxxxxxx :love:

I shouldn't imagine the forage to be any more fattening than pellets are. Mine have it most days, mixed in with a few other types of hay. None of them are fat... well, Barley's a bit fat but he just sits on his backside all day! :roll::lol:

I use the excel forage and I don't really see how it could be fattening tbh! It is 98% timothy hay, 1.5% marigold and 0.5% dandelion. Obviously timothy hay is good and the percentages of the rest are tiny! Dandelion is a diuretic, but I doubt there's enough in there to affect them, I've pulled whole handfuls out with no dandelion in :wave: x

Thank you!
it is hay after all isnt it?? sounds silly to ask but it just made me think, love your bunnny photos btw they are adorable. xxxxxxxxxxx :love:

Thank you:D
yeh, its just timithy hay and flowers. Wouldnt of thought it would do

Yeah i thought so, well i cant see the point of taking it away if shes enjoying it, pity charlie wont eat it, he wont eat ANY hay of any type. :roll: xxxx

The only hay Scamp has at the moment is this Excel herbage stuff, im having to buy 2 bags a weeks @ £4.49 a bag! :shock: He loves the stuff :) xXx

Forage is the one that's very green, looks like readi grass. Herbage is the brown hay stuff with the flowers in.

Have you tried hay from a farm? Mine weren't really into hay until I got some proper hay, fresh from a farm, now they can't get enough of the stuff. I have to top it up throughout the week!

Xxx

Have you tried hay from a farm? Mine weren't really into hay until I got some proper hay, fresh from a farm, now they can't get enough of the stuff. I have to top it up throughout the week!

Xxx

Yes i used to buy hay from the farm shop near us, never again! both our buns were infested with mites from it eekkk. xxxxxxxxxx

I get a bale of hay (£5.50) from the local horse supplies shop and my bunnies absolutely love it.

Good idea and a good price, but the last time we bought a bale from the farm shop both buns had to have lots of treatments for mites i darent risk it again. xxx

Good idea and a good price, but the last time we bought a bale from the farm shop both buns had to have lots of treatments for mites i darent risk it again. xxx

Ive been using hay from a farm for a year now and no mites problems.:wave:
I understand from here that mite infestations are when a buns immune system is low.:?

Ive been using hay from a farm for a year now and no mites problems.:wave:
I understand from here that mite infestations are when a buns immune system is low.:?

Yeah, its weird but you know me the worrier!!!!! :roll: xxxxxx

Back