• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

normal weight of lionhead (1 1/2 years old)

kerry-123

Mama Doe
Just wondering what weight Oliver should be, he's pretty big compared to the girls and he is kind of heavy, but I don't think he's overweight. What weight should he be?

The only way to tell the weight a rabbit should be is to look and touch the rabbit him/herself.

The weight a rabbit 'should' be is based on show weight, and is not accurate for the majority of rabbits of that breed.

The only way to tell the weight a rabbit should be is to look and touch the rabbit him/herself.

The weight a rabbit 'should' be is based on show weight, and is not accurate for the majority of rabbits of that breed.

Okay well emm (trying to find the words) you can feel his belly but it's not like it's very chunky, you can feel his backbone without it being too prominent, does that sound about right?

That sounds perfect to me. As long as he's not "rounded" he's fine.

My 2yr old lionhead Mimi weighs 1.7 K just to give you an idea :wave:

That sounds perfect to me. As long as he's not "rounded" he's fine.

My 2yr old lionhead Mimi weighs 1.7 K just to give you an idea :wave:

Thank you, it's just he's heavier than all my other bunnies (he's the male though) do they tend to be heavier?

Im not sure if the males are generally bigger, to be honest I thought it was the other way around :?
My other lionhead Timmy weighs less than Mimi but he is only just a year old and is a dwarf.
I wouldnt worry about him if he doesnt feel overweight and gets plenty of exercise. He's probs just a big boy :love:

Back