• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dirty Bottom

anamaria

Warren Scout
my Charlie has been getting a dirty bottom for a while now and i can't seem to work out why. i have looked up other posts about dirt bottoms and soft poos and have tried to change her diet but it doesn't seem to change anything. she has never been over weight so thats not the problem, she has actually lost weight recently as i cut down on the pellets to see if that was the problem. i know people have had problems with excel but she is on ss, has anyone had and problems with ss? what else could be causing her to have a dirty bottom? :?
thanks

How much veg, specifically sweeter veg like carrots and baby corn, does she get?

How much veg, specifically sweeter veg like carrots and baby corn, does she get?

at the moment she is having quite a bit to help put weight back on but for i while i cut it out completely and this didn't seem to make much difference :?

:wave:A bunnies diet should be 90% hay and the rest made up with an egg cupful of pellets and some greens.
Is she on any medication??or just finished a course????
How old is she?? If shes a baby, greens and fresh grass should be introduced gradually.
Theyre a worry arenjt they???:roll:

:wave:A bunnies diet should be 90% hay and the rest made up with an egg cupful of pellets and some greens.
Is she on any medication??or just finished a course????
How old is she?? If shes a baby, greens and fresh grass should be introduced gradually.
Theyre a worry arenjt they???:roll:

she hasn't been on any medication and she is about 4years old now. this all seemed to start when i moved them from their hutch to the playhouse but not sure if its connected. :? i did cut down the pellets because they were having more than that but she has just lost weight. it's hard to tell how much hay she is eating, i have been giving her more regular access to grass as an alternative to hay as she much prefers it, and i also bought some readigrass to see if she would eat more of this but i haven't really seen a change in her. i really don't understand why this started :?

she hasn't been on any medication and she is about 4years old now. this all seemed to start when i moved them from their hutch to the playhouse but not sure if its connected. :? i did cut down the pellets because they were having more than that but she has just lost weight. it's hard to tell how much hay she is eating, i have been giving her more regular access to grass as an alternative to hay as she much prefers it, and i also bought some readigrass to see if she would eat more of this but i haven't really seen a change in her. i really don't understand why this started :?

It may be the stress of moving.Can you ring your vet and see what advice they give????

Back