• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can I get Tulip to fatten up?

Carrie14

Mama Doe
She is still really skinny:( She is on ABX so I am trying to avoid sweet things.

The vet thinks she has had pneumonia for a long time so I guess she has also been underweight for a long time. I think the RSPCA should be called on her old owner as it is becoming apparent that she may never recover:cry:

On the search on here it said oats soaked in water but is this really a good idea?

All blood tests and x-rays came back clear, she just has pneumonia.

Would it be wise to give her unlimited pellets as she has two table spoons (and a bit:oops:) a day, plus a handful of grass in the morning and greens at night. I am in the process of weaning her onto Savoy Cabbage, so want to wean her onto something next that is really fattening.

She weighs 1.68 kg and looks horribly thin:cry:

Porridge is suggested on here......:wave:
IMO if you give too many pellets it affects the poops and sticks to fur..you dont need that in this weather.:roll:
Has your vet suggested anything??? Can you not give them a ring???

Back