• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

another Stasis bunny poll if you dont mind voting :D

If Your bun(s) have suffered the hell of stasis.. where do they live

• Indoor Bunny - no outside access

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Indoor Bunny - daily outside access

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Outdoor Bunny - no inside access

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Outdoor Bunny - daily inside access

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
Feegal has only had this once *touch wood* he has never been in a run in the garden as there is a fox that uses our garden, my dog is always rolling in his poos:roll:

Oh interesting, I have a gut feeling that indoor buns with no outdoor access may get a higher % :?

I think part of this is that if a rabbit is indoors you notice things quicker, and intervene where as an outdoor bun may have a bit of gas that passes without the owner noticing, also I think there are often lots of man made fibres buns can chew indoors which can cause problems, and I would think if a bun has access to grass a lot they would have a better digestive system..

I am not saying outdoors buns are healthier, it is swings and roundabouts I think?

All mine are indoors, Gus and Sweetpea have had stasis but nothing too serious

With my stasis bunnies, they were prone to going down with it during temperature fluctations, therefore I brought them inside to be indoor bunnies.

My bunnies are all indoors, they get to go outside only when it's nice, rain or too cold and windy then I worry.

Lola and is my only bunny to have had proper full blown stasis, Bri went an hour or two without eating. :wave:

Mine are indoors with outside access when it's nice and have had no stasis issues... yet.

Please keep it going donnamt. :thumb:
You can get a lot of useful information to help buns out of this.
My bun free ranges outside, he usually runs like the wind, digs, & does his rabbity things of territorial marking.
I think that plenty of excercise is important for stasis prone buns.
Please pm me if I miss one of these threads.

hmmm no clear leader yet :shock:. i always had a feeling house bunnies are more prone but thought id see the RU facts for myself.

i guess i just want to know as much as possible about everything stasis i can, almost obsessed aint i :oops::oops::oops:

Mrs B only had stasis slightly and after surgery..(spey).
I think Roland had a lucky escape when his teeth and tongue prevented him from eating.I got it early although still had to syringe feed.

My lovely Lucy had stasis a couple of weeks ago for no obvious reason - my first experience of it (I have 8 buns, outdoor & indoor). She lives indoors with no access to outside (free ranges in dining room). She's fine now :D :wave:

Neither Radish or Waffle have outdoor access but we are hoping to get 2 runs so they can have outdoor access in the warmer weather soon.

when mowgli was poorly at 2yrs old, he was an indoor bunny, ,who did get access outdoors, but not everyday

Back