• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breeding Ruby

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
A "friend" just asked me if I was planning on getting another rabbit for Ruby. I said, yes, I probably was, but am not sure when.

So, the question I got was "Could you breed Ruby?!" :roll::roll::roll:

I let her know what I thought about backyard breeding! :shock::shock::lol::lol: ...Then after that I mentioned that Roobles was spayed! :lol:

Why do people automatically think that every pet owner of a female is going to breed them! Everyone knows that I'm not against breeding...but why should that meant that I'm going to do it! :roll:

I know it was a well meant question...but GAH! :lol:

I get asked that all the time too. Or people will come round, see my rabbits in pairs, and ask when I'm likely to have babies. I think some people just don't know you can neuter rabbits. :roll:

I also get told I'm stupid for getting Thistle neutered as he cost so much (£110 :shock:) and I could have 'made a fortune' if I'd bred him.

I get asked that all the time too. Or people will come round, see my rabbits in pairs, and ask when I'm likely to have babies. I think some people just don't know you can neuter rabbits. :roll:

I also get told I'm stupid for getting Thistle neutered as he cost so much (£110 :shock:) and I could have 'made a fortune' if I'd bred him.

Ruby's cost £90 initially....and then a magical £50 just appeared on my bill! :roll:....darn...should have had Ruby babies!...WITH THISTLE!! :shock: :lol::lol::lol:

If people see my pairs of rabbits and ask if I'm going to breed them I say that it would be a bit of a miracle as they're all boys :lol:

People say the same thing about Faline, because they've never seen a rex before they think she's mega amazing so I should have bred her. I'm like really, she's not the only rex in the world. 'onest guv.

Ruby's cost £90 initially....and then a magical £50 just appeared on my bill! :roll:....darn...should have had Ruby babies!...WITH THISTLE!! :shock: :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol: They'd be some funny looking baby buns! Ruby is gorgeous but no doubt they'd inherit T's donkey ears! :roll::lol:

When Ruby was a humpingbun people were always asking me if I was going to breed them....to which I had a few answers... "Ruby's giving it a go, but it'd be a miracle if they did have babies, as she's doing it the wrong way around."
"They're Uncle and niece...that's all kinds of wrong"
"Ted's a eunuch! :shock:"

I even got so annoyed I resorted to, "No, it's ok, I'll keep the light on!" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I got asked the same when I adopted Marnie.....They got my breeding=evil lecture too :oops:
They would have made beautiful babies though :oops:

People say the same thing about Faline, because they've never seen a rex before they think she's mega amazing so I should have bred her. I'm like really, she's not the only rex in the world. 'onest guv.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: She's speshul!!

You should breed her and Ludo! Half dog, half bunny....THAT would be mega amazing!!

i had the same on sat i when into a petshop that only sell one or two of each animal at a time and all the animals have lots of space.....neway my and OH are looking at getting so frogs so were looking at tanks etc etc then i wonder over to look at the buns when a women over heard me talking about needing to sort harry new friend situation out and said you need to get a male as males wont fight :? which then i explain harry was de-sexed so could be with a female without having babies to then she said i only de sex animal that arent suitable for breeding and 2 males would be happier and im stuiped for desexing harry, at this point i walked away as i cant be dealing with people like that atm

literally everytime i see my grandma she says "oh so you'll be having lots of babies if theres 2 girls and a boy wont you"

every, single, time! lol

When I tell people how many bunnies I've got the first thing they say is 'do you breed them??' nobody seems to think you can have 19 bunnies without having bred them or wanting to breed them.

When I tell people how many bunnies I've got the first thing they say is 'do you breed them??' nobody seems to think you can have 19 bunnies without having bred them or wanting to breed them.

I once got 'so do you breed them for food?'

Er, no.

As Charlee is my only bun at the moment I haven't had the question asked about her so much (plus she is kinda a secret..not many people know about her). But whenever someone asks if I "still" have guinea pigs (yes, they are alive, no they are not dead, yes they can live for up to 8 years, no they don't live for only 2 :roll:) and I reply saying that I have 5, I always get asked "Wow! How did you get that many? Did you breed them?" Drives me mad. I have to explain that they are all females (apart from Acorn who is nuetered) and that no I did not breed them, because breeding is risky and there are many piggies waiting for a home in the rescue. Gets annoying after awhile..no one understands my love for all small furries.

Last week when we were carrying tonnes of boxes up our road three people asked me what I was going to make, after explaining it was for rabbits they all asked how many I had and then when I said they have al been neutered spayed I got the oddest looks and remarks about forking out money for a small pet that won't last long and doesn't cost that much to buy :roll:
Or the whole they must be mummy daddy and babies as there all dutches :roll:

We always get that too - when we say we have four bunnies everyone thinks that the two pairs will have babies. Its very very frustrating.

everyone was asking me if i was breeding my two when i was talking about adopting mae, it got so annoying!
why would a teen want to breed her bunnys? what teen has that much time :roll:

Get told to watch it...or Ill have babies coming out of my ears...then when I say theyre all neutered, its like **gasp**........Either they think im nuts, daft, have more money than sense etc etc...but I point out about bunnies in rescue...**waves arms in air in exasperation**...we go round and round in flipping circles.....
People have no idea....Just like I didnt before I joined this forum.(well, I wasnt a complete twit)...but Ive had my eyes opened very wide......

Back