• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suggestions for Soft flooring please - vet bed/rubber matting or other??

KateB

Mama Doe
:wave:

We think we have a plan for new accommodation for Brownie & Willow as B seems to have a permanent head tilt from EC, and still rolls occasionally - we've ordered them a nice big playhouse from Waltons, which has an outdoor roofed area. Total footprint approx 7' x 5' (door approx 4' x 5', outdoor approx 3' x 5' I think)

To prevent B from hurting herself when she does roll, does anyone have suggestions on flooring materials - bearing in mind there is an indoor & an outdoor area.

So far we've come up with:

vet bed (but I don't think we can do either area out of one peice, and Willow digs & chews edges - I'm not sure even vet bed will be safe)

rubber matting from horse suppliers

cork tiles (my o/h's favoured option - I think he said Wickes sell them. They're lacquered on one side so shouldn't absorb anything)

Any suggestions of either soft flooring or places to source the above (particularly the vet bed in large pieces) would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
I don't think you'll get vetbed in anything other than 3ft widths. You can buy it on a roll of any length you want but width is a little more tricky :?. I have children's rubber play mats down in my elderly bun's run. Bought them from Homebase but I believe B&Q do them too. Very similar to stable matting though - just in squares about 18"x18".

Do they wee on the floor are just in their litter tray? If they don't then you could use a thin summer duvet cut to size and sown well at the edges. This has worked really well for my head tilt bun Mimi and is really easy to wash aswell. You'd have to watch for them chewing it though and obviously couldnt be used for the outdoor part :?

Thanks for the ideas!

I'm worried about edges of any flooring as Willow has a history of being a destructo-bun (when he & Dill were still bonded, they managed to destroy the vet bed I'd got for their carrier :roll:) so I was thinking that anything that was one peice would be easier to Willow-proof the edges......

I'll have a look at the rubber tiles though - maybe if we stick them down well it would be okay?

W is litter trained, B has almost fully recovered her litter training (although they both love to leave poops around for us - I'm still happy to see B's golden ones so I don't mind too much!:oops:)

Is thick okay with a rolling bunny? This would certainly be the easiest solution & there's no chewing issue, but I wasn't sure it was okay?

Back