• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hill days - Ben More

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
A few of us ventured up Ben More in Crianlarich yesterday. We had hoped to do its neighbour Stob Binnein as well but only one managed it in the end. It was a lovely day but a little warm for climbing.

The lovely Loch Lubhair
P1090159.jpg

Wee tiny wildlife
P1090166.jpg

Getting further into the hills
P1090167.jpg

Two of our party behind me
P1090173.jpg

Stob Binnein peeps round the side of Ben More
P1090176.jpg

What we thought was the final pull to the summit
P1090178.jpg

Stob Binnein from the top of Ben More
P1090185.jpg

Some views from the top
P1090191.jpg

P1090186.jpg

Loch Lubhair
P1090194.jpg

Me and my pals girlfriend at the summit. That's me collapsed on the trig point
P1090189.jpg

Wow!!! OMG, that is sooo beautiful!!! You must be very fit! I havent done any proper walking for years and years.

Is that snow on the other mountain???

You live in such a beautiful part of Scotland :love: you're fitter than me, not sure I'd have made it to the top!

We've still got snow on our mountains up north too.

Dear God no, we were out for 12 hours yesterday.:lol:

Still a wee bit of snow left on the tops which was odd as it wasn't exactly chilly up there.

Yeah I think thats why I was surprised - because you said it was too warm to be walking and yet there was still snow on the ground!!! :lol: I guess it takes a long time to thaw.

Yeah I think thats why I was surprised - because you said it was too warm to be walking and yet there was still snow on the ground!!! :lol: I guess it takes a long time to thaw.

It tends to stick around in the corries for longer as its sheltered from the sun. However there's still been some hill snow in the last month or so, despite it being hot now!

Back