• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need help rehoming some of the rabbits

Lillian

Warren Veteran
I know i've already made threads like this but they've gone nowhere. I need help sorting out Mindy, Amethyst and Nightshade (and possibly Cassie). I have put them on RR, RIN, other forums, preloved, asked rescues and made threads asking for peoples help on here. So far not a single person has been interested in them. They are in need of vaccinations and spays (i've tried making deals with my vet and have contacted several local vets - no one will help, they all want a minimum of £87 per spay and £23 per vaccine).

I was just getting on top of my money problems and had finished paying off vet bills and debts to family.. Now (as usual) i have several ill animals (which are probably going to die) so i have no money and am borrowing more off family for vet bills, meaning the spays and vaccines have been set back several weeks, even months depending how high the current vet bills rise.

So if anyone at all can help rehome or even just foster either Mindy or Amethyst and Nightshade until i have sorted out my current money issues and i can get them vaccinated and spayed, it would be appreciated.

And for the record i am aware that of the predicament i've got myself and the animals into and i won't be taking in any more animals in the near future. I was just trying to do the right thing but it blew up in my face when i underestimated the financial and emotion strain in helping so many animals.

Sorry to hear you're having troubles. I can't help cos I'm nowhere near you, but I hope you can get someone closer who is able to help you.

I am so sorry Lillian. It must be heartbreaking for you. I am not able to offer a home to any female bunnies at the moment, its not practical for us at the moment. I really feel for you and your bunnies and I really hope you can get something sorted.

Awwwhhh, I'm sorry to hear you're having problems again Lillian. :( I hope you'll be able to sort something out for these bunnies - sounds like Jill would be ideal for the two little'ns. :)

I wish I could help but I'm short of money after work cancelled everyone's extra hours :oops: and I'm too far away anyway. All I can do is send some rehoming vibes and some get well vibes for your ill ones.

xx

Im sorry your having to make this decision Lillian :(

I love little Mindy but can't have her - haven't got enough space/money :(

Is single bunny outdoor and does she have a hutch?

How long would you be thinking of a foster for?

The single bunny is indoors and doesn't have a hutch.

And i'm not sure how long a foster would be needed - sorry i'm not being too helpful at the moment

Hi Lillian, would you be able to post pics of the buns with a bit of info on each or add a thread here if you've already done so? :)

Hi,
Sorry I cant be of any help as Im in France but hoping you manage to find the buns a good home. The 2 nethies will be in great hands with Jill :)

Hi,
I believe we live very near each other, just across town infact?
I can speak to my mum later and ask, but i'm not promising anything!
She may say no, but i'll give it a go.

If it was a yes, any buns would definitely have to be housed outside.
(Not sure if it would be to foster or to rehome, but i'll see what my parents say)

ETA- Do these buns have any other health problems atm?

Last edited:
Mindy looks just like my new bun Buzz. If you had been nearer I could have fostered Mindy outside, have a spare hutch now Buzz and Molly have bonded.

These are there RIN threads

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=224163

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=224164

And extra photos of Mindy
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=224450&highlight=mindy

None of the rabbits have any known health problems (They've been vet checked).
Amethyst and Nightshade are vaccinated but are due again in August.
Mindy as far as i know isn't vaccinated.

Mindy was a neglect case and when i got her she had several nasty wounds that were treated with anti biotics but she is now in good health :)

If anyone has any other questions feel free to ask. I don't drive but could get a train to places in Surrey.. Anyone further away i could try to arrange a bunny run for.

If you can get Mindy to Honley show on sat I'll take her. I have an indoor hutch, you will need to provide a carrier for her though. My vets charge £38.50 for spaying and £25 for both injections (you get one and a voucher to go back for the next one) I'll see if I can bond her with another bun I am taking on, a 3yr old lionhead cross. email me on g7100785@live.tees.ac.uk and I'll give you my no. etc.

Lilian of anyone else offers homes for these buns please make sure you homecheck
no offence to anyone but none of us on here actually know each other..unless we do!:lol:

If you can get Mindy to Honley show on sat I'll take her. I have an indoor hutch, you will need to provide a carrier for her though. My vets charge £38.50 for spaying and £25 for both injections (you get one and a voucher to go back for the next one) I'll see if I can bond her with another bun I am taking on, a 3yr old lionhead cross. email me on g7100785@live.tees.ac.uk and I'll give you my no. etc.

I'm not being funny, but i'm not just going to hand Mindy over to a stranger without a homecheck etc beforehand. She was neglected and used for breeding before i rescued her and i'd be failing her if i didn't make sure she goes to the right home. If you are serious about rehoming her, then let me know and i'll attempt to sort out a homecheck.

Lilian of anyone else offers homes for these buns please make sure you homecheck
no offence to anyone but none of us on here actually know each other..unless we do!:lol:

If a serious home is offered i will follow rescue rehoming procedures to make sure its the right home - especially considering they aren't neutered!!

Back