• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a bunny who bonds herself!

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
just wanted to tell you about one of the rabbits my bf's mum owns. her name is hazel and she used to be a pet at a school :( bf's mum worked there and was told by a member of staff that now the kids were bored, that the bunny was going to be 'set free' in the park!! :roll::( bf's mum was horrified obv and took this bunny home...

... the bunny is called hazel and she has been there for ages, she must be quite old now..

anyway, bf's sister adopted two rescue buns a few years ago, brother and sister who were both very frightened, had problems and had been badly treated in the past. unfortunately the sister, specky, passed away one bonfire night from fright, and left behind thumper. hazel broke into his run :shock: and bf's mum went out to find hazel comforting him. thumper accepted her straight away and they became firm friends...

sadly, thumper also passed away last year, and gandolph was adopted from the rescue... hazel again bonded herself with him! :shock:

she is a beautiful and amazing bunny, she likes to look after other buns, and they always accept her straight away... now hazel and gandolph live together and are best of friends...

easy bondings or what!! :love::love::love:

lovely story.

when i lost Jasmine, Oscar was left on his own. Preston, un-neutered broke into Oscars area in the attic and they bonded themselves, male on male, i nearly fainted when i saw them :love: :love:

Awww how lovely!

Any chance of some pics?? :)

i have a pic of her on the computer at my mum and dads. she is sooty fawn and has helicopter ears! :love:

i've asked dan to get some pics of them. gandolph is beautiful aswell. he's blue.

they also have six piggies and two dogs.

i remember once I had domino out free ranging, and popped inside to get a drink (in bunny garden so its enclosed) mum heard me saying something about "bunny out" so she thought i said "can you put a bunny out" ... what i actually said was "dont go in their garden, ive got one of the bunnies out"

she let out peanut butter, who was unneutred and living on his own at the time , with his 11 week old son. I came back outside and nearly fainted when i saw them running around together, and they then started digging together! :lol: But i seperated them as i thought any moment peanut could snap!:lol:

what lovely stories. Just goes to show how the bereaved bunny must have been feeling and how they display this distress very clearly to other buns (and hoomins of course). What star these rabbits are who go to comfort another bun in need :love:

Back