• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Woodshavings ok for bunnies??

briony_y

Young Bun
I currently use megazorb but I have run out and havn't got round to sorting some more out as I buy on-line and am not home for delivery during day. I ended up buying some shavings today in desparation and used that instead as I figured it would be ok for a one off.

Are rabbits ok on shavings permenantely? I only ask as it would make my life easier as having 2 guinea pig cages and a huge rabbit hutch I go through one bag of megazorb a week and only have room to store about 6 bags which means I need to get deliveries every six weeks which is a major issue and can't find a local supplier (there are none on the megazorb website which are in my area). without the rabbit i my megazorb would last twice as long and I can easily get shavings as and when I need them for the rabbit!

I've had my buns on woodshavings for nearly 7 years now, and they've been fine. I know some people worry about respitory problems, but I think that's really only an issue if they're dirty. I clean my buns' hutch obsessivly, so that might help.

Hmm I wonder, I really do like megazorb, it is far better at soaking up wee, wonder if I could use zorb in her bed area and littertrays and the living area which she doesn't soil i could maybe use shavings! it's either that or try talking a local retailer into stocking megazorb for me. I wonder if they would if I promise to get one bag a week??

Back