• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trying to decide - Insurance - does it cover Stasis etc?

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Hi, I currently have Sooty and Oreo insured for £18 a month and havent got charlie or Mittens insured yet (as I took it out before I got them) - Im trying to decide whether to or not?

Im guessing it will be about £36 a month for all 4 but with Mittens recent problems - Im wondering as 3 out of my 4 have been to the vets fairly recently - does the insurance cover stasis and hospitalisation etc??

Im fairly certain I will get them insured as I couldnt afford any big bills at the mo but I also know That they dont cover dentals which was the reason 2 of mine had to go...

Just got me thinking today with Nicola, Jasmine and Co I should get my other 2 insured ASAP...

Apart from dentals - is there anything the insurance will not pay out for?
Im with Petplan.

They do cover Stasis at the moment. They don't cover dentals. I think the only other thing they don't cover are things that you can vaccinate for (myxi etc) and pre-existing conditions, but I haven't read the smallprint on the back of my policy for a while.

EDIT:- Just checked my Policy Booklet, under Section 1A point 14 of 'Veterinary Fees - What we will not pay' - "The cost of trimming, burring or rasping rabbit's teeth"

Last edited:
They don't cover 'general maintenance' and things like spays but any medical treatment needed for things like stasis, EC, and the like are covered as far as I know. I just got a claim back covering about a years worth of metacam and metaclop injections for Pye's tum so I was soooo happy :D

When sooty had her dental and i rang them - they said they didnt cover for that :?:roll:

I specifically asked if they cover dental problems.... although maybe that is what I mean, sorry, that they cover dental problems not dental exams :oops: it's been a long day :oops:

I specifically asked if they cover dental problems.... although maybe that is what I mean, sorry, that they cover dental problems not dental exams :oops: it's been a long day :oops:

Yes I think thats right - they dont cover teeth burring / treatment for spurs etc etc but do cover tooth absesses ...

Alvin's stasis has been paid for each time no questions asked, but if its happened before insurance itll be classed as a pre existing condition so wont be covered.

i insured Holly the day she came homw, id never be without insurance for bunnies after the hell ive had with Alvin and Pearl.

PetPlan does cover dental :)

a teeth trim or burr is not covered. i think removal and them type of ops are :D

Ive recently got Scamp insured with Petplan, because of his dental problems, they have also put restrictions on facial abcesses, any eye problems relating to dental problems and something else... theres alot not included but with all the bills ive had so far with Scamp, if id of insured him when i first had him, i think id be rather rich now! :lol: xx

I was considering this too. We insured Radish after Waffle got ill as we realised the bills were more shocking than we initially thought.

We were going to Insure Waffle too but I don't know if they will cover her for stasis treatment as she has had it twice now. If anyone could let me know if they would cover her for that please let me know? :wave:

I was considering this too. We insured Radish after Waffle got ill as we realised the bills were more shocking than we initially thought.

We were going to Insure Waffle too but I don't know if they will cover her for stasis treatment as she has had it twice now. If anyone could let me know if they would cover her for that please let me know? :wave:

they will class it as pre-existing with Waffle so it wont be covered

That's what I figured. Oh well we live and learn I suppose.

i think there was someone on here who was told the exclusion would be removed after 6 months of stasis free so it could be worth a phone call..

even with that excluded after pearl id still get insurance, her 9 months of illness cost over 800 quid and i only had to pay 105 (2x excess) of that plus the monthly premuim for the insurance

i think there was someone on here who was told the exclusion would be removed after 6 months of stasis free so it could be worth a phone call..

even with that excluded after pearl id still get insurance, her 9 months of illness cost over 800 quid and i only had to pay 105 (2x excess) of that plus the monthly premuim for the insurance

I will give them a call next week.

Thanks for the advice :D

Back