• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Special poo query

BooMoo

Warren Scout
Just recently I've notice more than usual 'special poos' in bens litter tray.
I don't know why... Is he just producing more? or is he not eating them?
I thought that I was giving him too many greens, but then ive just noticed this vvvvvvv Special poos and normal poos. Am I right in thinking that if he had the 'runs' because of too many greens he would just have the special ones and not the normal poos??

100_1552.jpg

There are more special poos in the other corner too..

Quite possibly. He finishes them all too, I was probably giving him more than he should as he was only young but maybe its time to cut down. The only other change I can think of is that he's been neutered.

He was neutered 2 and a half weeks ago. I don't really measure the amount. I know i should. I guess 2 hand fulls :? I grab it out the bag with one hand, So twice the amount you can pick up in your hand? It sounds loads explaining it like that but it doesn't look alot in his bowl.

He was neutered 2 and a half weeks ago. I don't really measure the amount. I know i should. I guess 2 hand fulls :? I grab it out the bag with one hand, So twice the amount you can pick up in your hand? It sounds loads explaining it like that but it doesn't look alot in his bowl.

Sounds quite a lot of pellets...mine on get an egg cup full each a day! the more pellets you give the less hay they will eat as they're not hungry and won't eat the specials ...if you slowly decrease the pellets then he'll be a better hay eater and should see less special poos. I wouldn't have thought it would be the neuter 2.5 weeks on (guessing).
Hay is the main staple of their diet, then a few veggies then pellets to top up...so they're last on the list. :D
Feed ad lib whilst they're babies and growing and gradually reduce

Ahh an egg cup is a good way to measure it. The vets told me 1/4 of a cup.. but who knows what sized cup?! Thanks I'll cut him down although he does eat alot of hay too. He had one of those metal ball things full of hay hanging into his litter tray and that he eats that leaving it empty often and he has more near his food bowl too.

he'll need extra hay now.lots and lots..it should be available 24hrs a day so he can constantly eat it and it's good to wear his teeth down..and to keep his digestive system working....hay is a very important part of their diet...
hopefully things will get better and he'll start to eat the specials :D

Thanks. I'll give this a go then, plus I don't want overweight bunnies either. He always always has hay :)

Back