• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Message from Tia

Sami M

Mama Doe
Hi :wave: everybody my Name is Tia and I haz a little story to telz u…..

Yesterdaz I waz in a horrible shopz where lotz of hoomins would try and picz me ups and carry me around. Anyway a lovely pair of hoomins came over and I gave them my cute look (I haz been practing!) I knew they would give me a lovely homez that iz deserved.

My new hoomin is very worried that all her frienzs on RU would be angry with her because she got me from a shopz but I said I would explain that it waz all my faultz and I couldn’t bare being in that shop anymore!

Pleaz Pleaz don’t be angry with my mommy she couldn’t help herself
Here I am Tia

Tia.jpg

As I iz a big girl now iz got to keep myself clean .....

Tia15.jpg

After all the hard explorzing iz done i have to have a drinz ....

Tia20.jpg

And then timz for a big snoozzz ....

Tia06.jpg

Oh I nearly fogotz my best frienz Maria .....

TM.jpg

Maria22.jpg

Maria13.jpg

Pwease dont be angry with out new mommy x

omg they are fluffy :shock::shock::shock::shock:

hope you like your new home Tia :wave::wave::wave:

:shock: omg there beautiful did you get them both from the shop.
i wouldnt worry about people being mad the way i see it is someone would buy them and then keep them for a while then get fed up and give them to a rescue. so the same money will go to the pet shop all your doing is cutting out the middle man and the neglect. think of it that way and it will make you feel better lol :D

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments - yes they are so fluffy they loved being brushed which is good - Tia is flying around at the mo - you would think she had been here for weeks!!!

:shock: omg there beautiful did you get them both from the shop.
i wouldnt worry about people being mad the way i see it is someone would buy them and then keep them for a while then get fed up and give them to a rescue. so the same money will go to the pet shop all your doing is cutting out the middle man and the neglect. think of it that way and it will make you feel better lol :D

Thanks thats a very positive way of looking at it - Yes got both from the shop I cant belive ive only had them a day they are flying round the lounge at the mo! :love:

thing is there so fluffy some kid would have choose them and then when there parents realized how much hard work it would be to keep their fur tidy they would have been given up.
plus they are stunning how could you have resisted :)

Thats what I was worried about - I was also worried that they would easily over heat in the wrong hands but luckily I work on site so can check on them and up date the ice pod every now and then!!!

The OH did the normal 'Its up to you! - and the next thing he knew we had two new buns!!!:roll:

Awww...they're both gorgeous!! :)

Can I recommend that you try a different form of bedding in their cage? The woodshavings might play havoc with their fur x

Awww...they're both gorgeous!! :)

Can I recommend that you try a different form of bedding in their cage? The woodshavings might play havoc with their fur x

I agree with this, I have a long haired hamster who always used to get woodshavings caught in his fur when I used them :) he seems to do better on Megazorb. I know rabbits are different of course :lol:

They are beautiful!

Hun someone ill-educated woulda gona in and bought them cos they're cute and fluffy, and they would have ended up matted to :censored: and eventually abandoned or foisted onto a rescue. A bun doesn't have to be in rescue to be needy :D

Also, our hammie is longhaired, we tried all sorts, and have eventually settled for a towel over the base, and the cotton wool style bedding, so maybe fleece for their base and only minimal megazorb etc, ie. only in their litter tray :D

Awwww they are adorable...very fluffy!!! :lol:

I got my Pebbles from a petshop and glad I did he is the most sweetest and affectionate bun I have known and I adore him :)

Thanks for your advice everyone - I had the same thoughts yesterday and have gone out and bought some care fresh - is that any good? My whole lounge is now covered in shavings but I dont mind - but will definately be changing the bedding.

Back