• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Caecotrophs - again (sorry)

Bitzy

Mama Doe
:wave:

Hiya

Well the baby buns have had their pellets restricted to 2 handfuls each a day (1 in a morning, half at around 6-ish and then half at bedtime).

They're producing about 4-5 caecotrophs each per day but I'm yet to witness them eating any of them!!

Could it be that these aren't excess caeco's but that the baby bunnies just aren't eating them?? Would they know instinctively to eat them?? How can I be sure if they are or aren't eating them?? Would it harm them if they didn't eat them??

Thanks

Jo x

PS/ They haven't got sticky bums anymore so that's a real plus point! Oh and their normal poops are a lovely golden colour.

Apparently, its meant to be an egg cupful...
I know...doesnt look much does it???? Mine pounce and I can hear the mutters..."Thats barely anything"......:lol:.

Yeah thanks Yvette, I'm cutting them down slowly as they're only young (9 weeks) and were on unlimited pellets when they arrived (they've been here a week now) ...... I was hoping to get down to a small handful each a day (which prob would be an eggcup full but my eggcups have holes in them so can't check!)! ......but doing it really slowly so it doesn't shock them and they stop speaking to me! lol

Back