• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

nobody's interested in my rabbit stories....

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
... Not my parents, not my friends, nor work collegues!!! When I start talking about them I see a glazed look coming over them!! Thank heavens for RU!! I'd feel soooooo alone and odd if it wasn't for you guys!!! It's a lonley life being a bunny mummy!:(

I get this from other people as well... I think people are more interested if the animal is a cat or a dog, they don't see rabbits as much as companions as these!

Oh don't worry about it we have had the same we just talk about our rabbits to our friends who have them also or I talk to members on the forum. People use to say to us that they thought we were weird because we lived with rabbits and we use to say "Yes arn't we lucky".

Yep, Im pretty sure people, even good friends, think myself and OH are abit mad because of the way we talk about our buns :roll:
I was so happy when I found you guys! :love::lol:

You still have friends?? Don't worry they'll all start too drift away soon, then you can spend more time on RU :lol:

My friends just laugh at me too.
I have Sarah Jane, Janak and the forum to talk to about them though!

Yep my friends think im crazy.... actually so do my family, they all take the micky saying all i do is talk about bunnies... :oops:

I don't have any rabbitty friends, and even my lovely mum gets bored of hearing about them - why does nobody understand? :?

I started talking about my bunnies on a first date a few weeks ago .... Needless to say I didn't hear from him again :oops:

I've saved my family's sanity be joining this forum! It gives me that chance to talk about my boys and not drive my family mad with talk about them all of the time :lol:

I'm lucky in that I do have a couple of friends who are as rabbit-loopy as I am. However, I have a lot of work collegues who look at me like I have fallen out of a tree when I talk about Inky and Smokey:oops:.

I'm quite lucky as 2 of our friends both have Netherland Dwarves as house rabbits.

TBH sometimes I feel unlucky as they don't always do things right and I advise based on what I have learnt on here but then they don't listen. :(

i think my family pity me as i have two rabbits and no life! at work i have two main colleagues, one had rabbits and rabbit stories to tell for about five years before she had a baby and the last bun died of old age, and the other has a little dog and some hamsters, so its all a bit pet friendly. :)

My friends and family don't approve of rabbit talk either! My manager let me leave work early today though to sort the rabbits at the vets even though I didn't ask :)

I know the feeling - i have no-one to talk to about the buns - even OH though will tolerate a few minutes of Rabbit chat - he soon changes the subject :roll:

My mum just doesnt understand - she just thinks I have too many and doesnt see the point in rabbits :roll::cry:

hellsdarkrose;38[SIZE="1" said:
17073]I'm quite lucky as 2 of our friends both have Netherland Dwarves as house rabbits.

TBH sometimes I feel unlucky as they don't always do things right and I advise based on what I have learnt on here but then they don't listen. :(

you know how sometimes you misread something, and explode with laughter and then feel ashamed...?

[don't look. i can barely write this...]

"my friend has two neutered dwarves as houserabbits..."::oops::shock::oops::shock::oops:

ETA - it was a mistake, honest. i didn't mean to offend!

I know the feeling - i have no-one to talk to about the buns - even OH though will tolerate a few minutes of Rabbit chat - he soon changes the subject :roll:

My mum just doesnt understand - she just thinks I have too many and doesnt see the point in rabbits :roll::cry:

My mum is exactly the same and she only thinks I have two! I went home in April to dogsit and she said I had to put Harvey and Zero outside even though they were house buns :shock: then made me put them in the conservatory and refused to buy the veg I asked her to, even though I was doing HER a favour.

Back