• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think I may have just accidentally bonded a trio... U/D, pics post 12

georgie_f

Mama Doe
I decided to give Thistle and Jess's shed a new coat of paint this morning so I let Brian out to free range as usual and set about painting Cloud and Barley's hutch and run, then moved onto the back wall of the shed. As I got round to the side of the shed with the window, I looked in and saw Brian had got in! He must have shoved the wire panel in the door out of the way and squidged himself through. :shock: He's just flopped out next to Thistle. :shock::shock::shock: and Jess, who is notoriously grouchy, is just sat looking at him.

Part of me wants to kick myself for not noticing where Brian had got to (he could of been in there for up to two hours! :oops:) and part of me wants to jump around and say 'WOOOOOOOOO!' a lot because they seem to be getting on! :D

Last edited:
:D I hope so! Brian's been mounting Thistle a bit but the daft gurt thing has just sat there and taken it! :lol: Brian was only neutered a couple of weeks ago too. :shock:

I hope they are going to just get on, I was a bit worried about having to bond Brian with Pharrell and Daph so it'll save me a job! :lol: (I wasn't going to even attempt to bond him to T&J because Jess is such a grump :shock:).

I've probably jinxed it by telling everyone now. :roll:

Its the bunnies that do the bonding....not the Hoomins.......:lol:
They decide if they like each other.:wave:

Guuuuuys... Brian's given Thistle a bald spot. :? And Jess still hasn't bitten but she's growling and boxing Brian's nose a bit.

Should I split them or let them get on with it?!

Guuuuuys... Brian's given Thistle a bald spot. :? And Jess still hasn't bitten but she's growling and boxing Brian's nose a bit.

Should I split them or let them get on with it?!

Are they in Jess and Thistle territory? If they are I would continue the bonding but I would move them all to a neutral area.

Are they in Jess and Thistle territory? If they are I would continue the bonding but I would move them all to a neutral area.

:thumb: agree,
the first few hours are always a bit of a false security - once they get used to each other thats when the fun starts :shock:

Good luck

Yeah, the shed is Thistle and Jess's. I don't actually have a neutral area I can put them in at the moment - I'd normally put them in the utility room but Dad's got some model boat thing on the floor out there!

I guess I could put them in the bottom of the pigeon shed - it's not ideal but it'd only be for a little while I guess. :?

There's really been very little aggression - just Jess boxing and Thistle's shoved Brian out the way a few times. I think I might pop Brian in Cloud's old indoor cage but keep him in the shed, just over night or I'll be worrying all night. :oops:

Hopefully, tomorrow's going to bring me three happy bunnies! ;)

I've got the indoor cage out and put it in the shed but all three were flopped together when I went down there to put Brian in so they're still loose at the moment (I think nextdoor must be wondering what the heck I'm doing going up and down the garden with the torch!) and seem to be getting on ok until Jess suddenly realises she's sat next to Brian and she growls and gives him a bop on the nose. :roll: Good job I have tomorrow off work as I think I'm going to be up and down the garden all night.

I have some pictures from earlier -

I swear, I could bond Thistle to a crocodile and he wouldn't be bothered. -

Mounting Thistle (he looks bothered doesn't he?! :roll:) -

Jess seemed to forget she didn't like Brian much when I put some food in! -

Thistle's bald spot :? -

I've had to put Brian in the indoor cage this morning as Thistle's bald spot was looking a bit sore and Jess was still huffy! All ok other than that though! :D

we had a situation where one bun (male neutered) just walked in to a bond with another male (neutered but brain damaged) and female (neutered and bossy).

One minute we had a pair and a single and the next minute a threesome!!!

Its been happy ever since!

we had a situation where one bun (male neutered) just walked in to a bond with another male (neutered but brain damaged) and female (neutered and bossy).

One minute we had a pair and a single and the next minute a threesome!!!

Its been happy ever since!

I've had that happen between two boys I never thought would get on....they were the best of friends from that minute onwards :love:

Thanks guys, that's quite reassuring!

I'm hoping they will gradualy all get used to each other and hopefully Brian will stop mounting soon. He was only neutered a couple of weeks ago (he still has his stitches!) so I'm so surprised there's been no fighting or anything.

Clever bunnies! :love:

I'm really pleased for you. Perhaps it goes to show that buns have different criteria for bonding than we are aware of. So human in their personality traits yet there are deep bunny issues we find hard to understand.

Back