• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny only eating soft food

Hi zac is refusing hard food and only eating his pellets if they have been soaked in water so they are soft. He is drinking and pooing ok( a bit soft but it will be with the extra water) any ideas. thanks.

Last edited:
sounds like it may be his teeth... get the vet to have a look and a general check over aswell...

can he eat his hay aswell?

I agree that going to the vets should be high on your priority list for him because he doesn't sound overly comfortable.

I too would suspect teeth, but there could be other reasons too.

Has he had pain medication afterwards? I would think a check up is a good place to start in case there is a reason why he is eating like this (say if his jaw is hurting after the dental).

Don't feel so bad, I am more surprised your vet didn't give him any. You're trying to find out more, that really doesn't make you a bad bunny mummy in my opinion!

Back